• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

padding for bunks/seats

blue_healer_guy

Question

12 answers to this question

I used 4 inch foam padding with a vinyl covering stapled around a 1/2" plywood. Got my stuff at one of those places like an army surplus store. Very comfortable to sleep on.

------------------
End of the Line Charters
Lake Superior
1-888-U-HOOK-EM
www.fishontheline.com

EOTL is right on the money. If you don't like vinyl for a covering, get canvas. If you don't like to sew, buy a fanny pad like you can get for football stadium seats or the insulating camo pad for bowhunters and plop it down on the board. Simple is best.

Keep it warm, keep it interested. grin.gif

------------------
"Worry less, fish more."
Steve Foss
[email protected]

mjgrose,
I have two peices of 4" foam that i bought last year for my ice house. med. denisty i think?

I cant remember what i paid for them but i can ask my wife if you have intrest in them.. she can allso sew some covers or sheets for yea.

you can E-mail me at [email protected] if you want to.

DaveO

I went to jo anne fabrics and bought my cusions the stuff is way more expensive than i thought it would be. had my sister in law sew some covers , she put a velcro strip across the back so the covers can be taken off and washed. works pretty good i think i got like 2 in. high density foam thicker wouldnt hurt though.

Thanks for the replys guys. I'm going to go check an army surplus store near me and see what they have. I know what you mean about being more expensive than a guy would think, also went to joann fabrics. Dave I will take you up on that offer if I can't find anything. Thanks again, Joe

Bunks are done. Tried the army surplus store and owner said they couldn't sell used padding. Went to a fabric store and got some clearance fabric and then went to a carpet place and got 2x the amount of high density carpet padding. Put 2 layers of pad, cover and stapled the fabric and it turned out pretty decent. About 30 bucks for it all.

I was going to recommend a course grain Styrofoam core/base with heavy carpet padding stapled around it. Then cover it with whatever turns you on. Like leopard skin prints or SpongeBob SquarePants fabric...whatever.

Styrofoam reflects heat very nicely, resists moisture, light weight, and is durable, great for bench seats.

I did an old style Fish Trap this way and it was very comfortable and warm to sit on.