• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Opening day for grouse in the arrowhead I missed 3 birds and did not shoot at 4 due flying low over Finn. It was foggy raining but I did see 4 moose and a big black wolf. According to my phone I hiked 10.7 miles.

sunday started off cloudy but the sun came out. The first trail about 30 yards from the car Finn flushed a grouse it flies up and straight down the trail bang one for one. Finn flushed 3 more birds on that trail but never saw them. The next trail we were walking down a grouse flew down in front of us and the grouse tried to hide in the clover in the middle of the tire tracks. Finn flushed it and went straight up and landed in a tree. Haha dumb bird I made a nice head shot and Finn made the retrieve.   We put on 9.8 miles but I left my phone in the car on two trails. Finn flushed a few more birds but I never fired a shot as they were to low or never seen them. For grouse numbers as high as the dnr said they must not have a great hatch or something. I was hoping to get some young dumb birds for Finn but we did not find them.

17 hours ago, monstermoose78 said:

Tango at training? Good luck Zach. I am getting my duck gear ready.

Ya he comes home the 29th getting excited for pheasant going to take a trip out to sodak this year

Ended up showing a guy from work who is a first time bow hunter a couple of my spots in Sherburne. Was going to walk kunkel after for grouse but it ended up getting too late so just went home.

Was hoping for some good weather this weekend but doesn't look too good. Friday is a high of 90! no thanks

Maybe I will get a morning sit in for deer hunting if the rain cooperates

14 hours ago, rl_sd said:

Where ya going? Numbers are pretty bad this year... I would suggest looking at Edmunds or Faulk county if you haven't already locked in somewhere.

No clue yet somewhere with a cheap motel and some public land