• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ion x or Strikemaster lithium lazer

goldenbobby

12 hours ago, AlligatorDundee said:

Not sure but you can catch sarcasm if you fish for it.

just wondering why a strikemaster box when you were talking about the icegator. I get confused easy.. just ask the guys I fish with. lol 

7 hours ago, eyeguy 54 said:

just wondering why a strikemaster box when you were talking about the icegator. I get confused easy.. just ask the guys I fish with. lol 

Let's put it to you this way. With the amount of 10" power augers I have amassed. 

If the Icegator ever fails me I'm certain I won't be stranded without a hole.20170310_153304.thumb.jpg.3279f5f3af50f7ba140309e7c88b1a89.jpg

Edited by AlligatorDundee

26 minutes ago, AlligatorDundee said:

I had those hole covers custom made

For my tip-ups.

By Katz Koverz20170310_143103.thumb.jpg.df9068f5a0417e571979449c9bc46d5a.jpg

I put one tip-up at each end of the shack they are under glass you can step on them.20170129_170323.thumb.jpg.c5d29ca21892dc09a27d3c31e6e96d1a.jpg

It's like a glass bottom boatIMG-20130228-00288.thumb.jpg.02fcb1cfdcd65031fc456d8f3674862b.jpg

That's cool!  I've never seen anything like that in a fish house!

5 hours ago, AlligatorDundee said:

Let's put it to you this way. With the amount of 10" power augers I have amassed. 

If the Icegator ever fails me I'm certain I won't be stranded without a hole.20170310_153304.thumb.jpg.3279f5f3af50f7ba140309e7c88b1a89.jpg

better get to augers anonymous :) 

On 3/10/2017 at 4:06 PM, AlligatorDundee said:

I have the icegator and nils 10".  BEST system out there!!!!  i cant believe how great that item works.  There is so much torque with that head unit.  Sad that the company closed, but based on the comments i saw on their facbook page they had some customer service issues amongst other items.  making people wait 18 months for an auger bit is crazy.  I hear their 9.5" auger bit is amazing, but i dont think you can find any for sale.

1 hour ago, dj2quick35 said:

I have the icegator and nils 10".  BEST system out there!!!!  i cant believe how great that item works.  There is so much torque with that head unit.  Sad that the company closed, but based on the comments i saw on their facbook page they had some customer service issues amongst other items.  making people wait 18 months for an auger bit is crazy.  I hear their 9.5" auger bit is amazing, but i dont think you can find any for sale.

I have seen Gregs YouTube videos that's not arrogance. That is called knowing your stuff. 

That 9.5" light weight bit with stackable flighting for deep ice is ahead of its time just like the Icegator high speed electric power drives are.

I would love to find one.

My favorite thing about the Icegator is the cutting sound it makes.

I feel very fortunate to have one knowing the high demand and coming from just a mom n pop operation. We are lucky. 

It also attracts attention on the ice like a supermodel.

Edited by AlligatorDundee

25 minutes ago, AlligatorDundee said:

I have seen Gregs YouTube videos that's not arrogance. That is called knowing your stuff. 

That 9.5" light weight bit with stackable flighting for deep ice is ahead of its time just like the Icegator high speed electric power drives are.

I would love to find one.

My favorite thing about the Icegator is the cutting sound it makes.

I feel very fortunate to have one knowing the high demand and coming from just a mom n pop operation. We are lucky. 

It also attracts attention on the ice like a supermodel.

Never thought he had arrogance.  He built a very simple head unit that can beat any of the standard ice auger companies.  When you take it apart you just sit and cant believe that the simplicity of it.  It may weigh a bit more than others, but i will never go to another unit until i see one that can beat the icegator pushing a 10" bit.  its just a shame that he either grew too fast or just took on too much too soon without managing timelines of incoming parts and build times.  if the batteries were coming from overseas i know that there could be delays and that is hard to deal with.

There are way too many emotional 100+ posts out there as to why IG went belly up but when you get a reputable company like Nils with you and still can't make it I'm sure it was more than the inability to get batteries. 

The 9 1/2 inch drill looks interesting though, did they ever get any to market? There must be a manufacturer out there somewhere with a bunch of them. Anybody know where they came from? 

59 minutes ago, Hawg said:

There are way too many emotional 100+ posts out there as to why IG went belly up but when you get a reputable company like Nils with you and still can't make it I'm sure it was more than the inability to get batteries. 

The 9 1/2 inch drill looks interesting though, did they ever get any to market? There must be a manufacturer out there somewhere with a bunch of them. Anybody know where they came from? 

I have talked to one person who has the bit.  Said it was amazing but upset that they were not able to get the extra flightings.  I looked around to find anyone that could have made such a unit but cant come up with anything.