Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

  • Announcements

    • Rick

      Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

      Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
goldenbobby

Ion x or Strikemaster lithium lazer

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, eyeguy 54 said:

sounds like they are gone. too many problems from what I read. 

 

I have no worries.

I bought the extended warranty.

It's still In the box20161203_073244-1.thumb.jpg.86c1f3dc79081ad3eebae75076ed37a4.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, eyeguy 54 said:

10" Nils 42 volt Icegator Annilator not in that box ;)   is an extended warranty any good if company gone??  lol 

Not sure but you can catch sarcasm if you fish for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, AlligatorDundee said:

20130222_165735.thumb.jpeg.12431ead0161fa1a759800cb23abfb47.jpegIt is a died black sheepskin quad pelt.

 

Everyone who sees it thinks it's 

A black bear rug. 

 

You get tired of correcting them you just let them think that.

 

Are those clear hole covers over your holes? Where did you find those?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, AlligatorDundee said:

Not sure but you can catch sarcasm if you fish for it.

just wondering why a strikemaster box when you were talking about the icegator. I get confused easy.. just ask the guys I fish with. lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, eyeguy 54 said:

just wondering why a strikemaster box when you were talking about the icegator. I get confused easy.. just ask the guys I fish with. lol 

Let's put it to you this way. With the amount of 10" power augers I have amassed. 

If the Icegator ever fails me I'm certain I won't be stranded without a hole.20170310_153304.thumb.jpg.3279f5f3af50f7ba140309e7c88b1a89.jpg

Edited by AlligatorDundee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, AlligatorDundee said:

I had those hole covers custom made

For my tip-ups.

By Katz Koverz20170310_143103.thumb.jpg.df9068f5a0417e571979449c9bc46d5a.jpg

 

I put one tip-up at each end of the shack they are under glass you can step on them.20170129_170323.thumb.jpg.c5d29ca21892dc09a27d3c31e6e96d1a.jpg

 

It's like a glass bottom boatIMG-20130228-00288.thumb.jpg.02fcb1cfdcd65031fc456d8f3674862b.jpg

That's cool!  I've never seen anything like that in a fish house!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AlligatorDundee said:

Let's put it to you this way. With the amount of 10" power augers I have amassed. 

If the Icegator ever fails me I'm certain I won't be stranded without a hole.20170310_153304.thumb.jpg.3279f5f3af50f7ba140309e7c88b1a89.jpg

 

better get to augers anonymous :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking the same thing.

I definitely need help.

Burn out.

6 hours ago, Adam NWI said:

That's cool!  I've never seen anything like that in a fish house!

Thank you Adam for the likes and the compliments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2017 at 10:22 PM, AlligatorDundee said:

I was thinking the same thing.

I definitely need help.

 

 

First step:

 

Remove "10 inch power auger" from your Christmas list. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2017 at 4:06 PM, AlligatorDundee said:

Let's put it to you this way. With the amount of 10" power augers I have amassed. 

If the Icegator ever fails me I'm certain I won't be stranded without a hole.20170310_153304.thumb.jpg.3279f5f3af50f7ba140309e7c88b1a89.jpg

I have the icegator and nils 10".  BEST system out there!!!!  i cant believe how great that item works.  There is so much torque with that head unit.  Sad that the company closed, but based on the comments i saw on their facbook page they had some customer service issues amongst other items.  making people wait 18 months for an auger bit is crazy.  I hear their 9.5" auger bit is amazing, but i dont think you can find any for sale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dj2quick35 said:

I have the icegator and nils 10".  BEST system out there!!!!  i cant believe how great that item works.  There is so much torque with that head unit.  Sad that the company closed, but based on the comments i saw on their facbook page they had some customer service issues amongst other items.  making people wait 18 months for an auger bit is crazy.  I hear their 9.5" auger bit is amazing, but i dont think you can find any for sale.

I have seen Gregs YouTube videos that's not arrogance. That is called knowing your stuff. 

That 9.5" light weight bit with stackable flighting for deep ice is ahead of its time just like the Icegator high speed electric power drives are.

I would love to find one.

My favorite thing about the Icegator is the cutting sound it makes.

I feel very fortunate to have one knowing the high demand and coming from just a mom n pop operation. We are lucky. 

It also attracts attention on the ice like a supermodel.

 

 

Edited by AlligatorDundee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, AlligatorDundee said:

I have seen Gregs YouTube videos that's not arrogance. That is called knowing your stuff. 

That 9.5" light weight bit with stackable flighting for deep ice is ahead of its time just like the Icegator high speed electric power drives are.

I would love to find one.

My favorite thing about the Icegator is the cutting sound it makes.

I feel very fortunate to have one knowing the high demand and coming from just a mom n pop operation. We are lucky. 

It also attracts attention on the ice like a supermodel.

 

 

Never thought he had arrogance.  He built a very simple head unit that can beat any of the standard ice auger companies.  When you take it apart you just sit and cant believe that the simplicity of it.  It may weigh a bit more than others, but i will never go to another unit until i see one that can beat the icegator pushing a 10" bit.  its just a shame that he either grew too fast or just took on too much too soon without managing timelines of incoming parts and build times.  if the batteries were coming from overseas i know that there could be delays and that is hard to deal with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are way too many emotional 100+ posts out there as to why IG went belly up but when you get a reputable company like Nils with you and still can't make it I'm sure it was more than the inability to get batteries. 

The 9 1/2 inch drill looks interesting though, did they ever get any to market? There must be a manufacturer out there somewhere with a bunch of them. Anybody know where they came from? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Hawg said:

There are way too many emotional 100+ posts out there as to why IG went belly up but when you get a reputable company like Nils with you and still can't make it I'm sure it was more than the inability to get batteries. 

The 9 1/2 inch drill looks interesting though, did they ever get any to market? There must be a manufacturer out there somewhere with a bunch of them. Anybody know where they came from? 

I have talked to one person who has the bit.  Said it was amazing but upset that they were not able to get the extra flightings.  I looked around to find anyone that could have made such a unit but cant come up with anything.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now




  • Posts

    • A bit off subject and I love firing up the smoker for a little meat centric voodoo as much as anyone but time and seasoning costs money and sometimes I find that by the time you buy everything we use to bring,inject,rub,produce and trap the smoke and otherwise cover these lesser cuts to make them taste right we could have had a nice steak on a grill.  
    • I'd love to show these pics to my wife but if I did, she'd just throw our house away!  Excellent project!  Well done. 
    • Went to Ely yesterday to winterize ours and replace the vent domes.  I looked closer at the caulking in various areas and wasn't comfortable with what I was seeing, plus it really needed a pressure washing.  I'm pretty sure the water heater is on the fritz too.  Hooked it to the truck and hauled it home for service.  A 40 foot box in yesterday's wind and rain for 4 hours was interesting but I'm glad I can get everything taken care of that I've been wanting to change and just bring it back up in the spring, ready for fun.
    • Looks great, but LRG has a basement window in his.
    • Takes a shot of cure to get that ring, if you don't have a source of carbon monoxide to mess with the enzymes////
    • I like the galvanized tin!
    • Looks awesome, great smoke ring. Was it a little more tender this go around?
    • You sir, did a great job! Enjoy your house... 
    • Did a few off season projects waiting for Ice. - Underwater camera, Fish Finder, Wheel house mods and the latest converting a 2 cycle Jiffy Lite 90 to an ION battery auger. Got the auger off Craiglist for $10, Drill for $15. Second stage of gear box is a 5 to 1 reduction so got the auger blade to turn at about 250 RPM which I feel is an ideal speed. Gear reduction also doubled the torque of the motor drive. Planning to use the Dewalt 20V ION battery as I already have charger and now converting one of the 1.5 AH batteries to either 9 or 12 AH.  If anyone needs a mid 80's Jiffy Lite 90 motor and clutch PM me. Has great compression, never tried to start it.  Price somewhere between free and a gift. If you did a project this summer, would you care to share them? DJ ION Auger HB.mp4  << Click link for Video  
    • You don't get a smoke ring like that with liquid smoke either 
  • Our Sponsors