Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Walleyehooker

Freezing Corn

7 posts in this topic

Just got done processing a sack of corn to freeze. Used the cordless drill to remove the kernalls. Saw this done on u tube and it worked great.

IMG_1111.JPG

IMG_1116.JPG

I have heard of this and will maybe give it a shot but  my wife does all the cutting and is so efficient with a serrated knife I hate to mess with a good thing. :D

here is a video. I just cut off a lag bolt. Tried a smaller lag bolt first but wasn't big enough and just spun in the cob. Kerrnal remover I had cant remember where I got it.

IMG_1118.JPG

Cooperman likes this

43 minutes ago, Walleyehooker said:

here is a video. I just cut off a lag bolt. Tried a smaller lag bolt first but wasn't big enough and just spun in the cob. Kerrnal remover I had cant remember where I got it.

IMG_1118.JPG

Great idea! Sound like they are tipping a few. Why do you suppose they have the cobs floating in water? Seems like it would just make a bigger mess.

Some people will blanch/boil there corn from a minute to 5-6 minutes and then cool in a ice bath or cold water. I just blanch mine for about a minute and let cool and dry on a towel.