• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rv Cord vs Lawnmower... Who won?

We have a couple cords at the cabin that get left out year round and have always mowed over them without issue.  The RV cord seems to be the exception... First time over it and THUMP!  Needless to say I got over the lazyness, and a splice kit with 30 bucks in conduit and it is now burried in the ground with the water pipe and a nice 4x4 post where it comes back up at the RV.  Lesson learned.  Don't be lazy!

Lol,fortunately I had a pretty clean cut and it was only 5 feet from the end of a 75 foot cord so it actually worked out as well as it could... Just pretending that I planned it to make it easier to put through conduit.  Mower didnt even slow down going over it!

Here is a cord story I like.  My wife when we met was living in a small but nice apt. building.  She had to park outside so had a cord to plug her car in each night.  It was a new bright yellow brand new cord.  She was afraid someone would steal it so she wrapped elec tape on it in a few spots so it looked like Moon Lake had already run over it with his mower and had repaired it.  Who is going to steal a repaired cord?  I thought that was so clever of her and I had not heard of that cord scam before.  SO I married her!

21 hours ago, LindellProStaf said:

Here is a cord story I like.  My wife when we met was living in a small but nice apt. building.  She had to park outside so had a cord to plug her car in each night.  It was a new bright yellow brand new cord.  She was afraid someone would steal it so she wrapped elec tape on it in a few spots so it looked like Moon Lake had already run over it with his mower and had repaired it.  Who is going to steal a repaired cord?  I thought that was so clever of her and I had not heard of that cord scam before.  SO I married her!

New or used I dont care... I'll run over all of them!  

On Monday, May 16, 2016 at 7:51 AM, RebelSS said:

Don't ever hit one with a snowblower....you'll have hours of fun trying to unwrap it. So I hear.  :whistle:

May be this thread should be called the stupid things people do! :D

So I guess I've now been warned.  :grin:

Been cringing about mowing over an above ground coax cable going to the shed this spring.  I didn't like making several passes over it so I decided to just mow right down the length of it instead.  So far so good, but some day I'm sure I'll regret it.

10 hours ago, Wanderer said:

So I guess I've now been warned.  :grin:

Been cringing about mowing over an above ground coax cable going to the shed this spring.  I didn't like making several passes over it so I decided to just mow right down the length of it instead.  So far so good, but some day I'm sure I'll regret it.

Coax is easy and cheap, just drop your shovel in the ground and wiggle a little.  Only need it an inch or two deep.  Funny thing is we have been mowing over small extension cords, speaker wire and the wire for the dog fence for years and have never had an issue with any of them.  Only thing I can think is the larger cord has more surface area to get sucked up.  Good luck but after that I'm done with above ground.  My .02 is bury it... Bury it right now!:grin::grin: