• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Leech lake

wallyhunter430

Also, I'd stay away from the lure of the "humps" in Walker Bay.  Either people will be on them or you'll waste your time on the wrong one or you'll pick one too deep and when you pull up dink walleyes the air sac will come out and you've killed an 11 inch walleye.  

4 hours ago, leechlake said:

I'd head out of the access north of town on 371.  Stay about a mile or so south of sand point and get on a break in 18-22 feet and be out fishing at sunup and sundown.  Miss those times and normally you're missing 80 percent plus of the days action.

If you go out of that access I'm sure there is a good path to follow by now, just don't turn right to sharp for a while after you hit the lake. Are you may end up on thin ice from the channel there. The Last EelPout we went to we found a tow truck boom sticking up out of it the next morning after we left the lake late at night. ;)

I was up Thursday - Sunday. Fished all around pelican and bear island and variety.  Very slow.  Walleyes were only for 15 min at dark and the Jumbo Perch were tough to find. Fished from 6 feet to 30 feet of water.  I used a snowmobile but they were trucks out there.  I dont know where they came out of.  I came out of the east side and a ice heave was open and couldn't get across with truck.

I'm also wanting to take my 8x16 out with my half ton. Never fished leech only have been to eel pout festival. Thinking about going out of trappers landing this Thursday. Wondering what the ice condition and fishing report is? 

or do you think my luck is better going up to red?