• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wake Wash Pike ?

Bobby Bass

So every now and then when moving from point to point Bass fishing I will troll for Northern. Which way do you prefer to troll, long lining it or running a spoon right in the prop wash or just far enough to be out of the wash?

I like that question, especially this time of year.  I don't like fishing northerns very often but when I was younger we did all the time.  Usually we troll at a medium distance behind the boat but "back in the day" I remember trolling in the prop wash on purpose with great results.  Seemed completely weird but it worked.  I'd bet it is on of those factors that changes day to day but it sure is weired short lining spoons in the prop wash and having it work.

My dad's buddy trolled with a heavy can pole on a shallow bay of Leech all the time.  It's all he did for catching northerns, couldn't be anything but prop wash.