Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
prov1900

3 days and a wakeup!

Heading to Minnitaki for our annual foray on Thursday. Bringing my two boys, 12 and 10 with. My 12 year old will be there for his 2nd trip but it is the first for my 10 year old. They are both excited and I am too. Weather looks good after some rain and "snow" earlier this week. Fresh walleye and quality time spent with family and friends. Does it get any better?

That sounds like an awesome time. Curious how your experience was when you took your older boy by himself.

I ask because I am going to Rainy in about two weeks and my brother is bringing his 9 year old and he will be the only kid up there.....WE have a pretty big group going, but no other kids.

Good luck!!

That sounds like an awesome time. Curious how your experience was when you took your older boy by himself.

I ask because I am going to Rainy in about two weeks and my brother is bringing his 9 year old and he will be the only kid up there.....WE have a pretty big group going, but no other kids.

Good luck!!

I've been in that situation. Make a concerted effort to keep your nephew involved (even if its playing cards with the guys, whatever) and he'll have a blast. It's pretty fun for a kid to "hang with the adults" if he feels included.

Exactly pikestabber! Last year, he had a blast because he was with the "old guys" but yet was free to roam about a little on the resort grounds. It was a big deal for him and I both, and I can honestly say I watched him grow significantly in a week. I just got back from my trip last night and it was a fantastic week. Both boys caught the heck out of them. By the second or third day, the youngest really caught on with what to do, fishing wise and had a memorable experience. Bringing both of them was definitely a bucket list item for me and I plan to always bring them. In a few years, my now kindergarten daughter will be invited as well.

One thing to remember, when you got two young kids in the boat (or even one), your fishing is somewhat limited. I certainly caught my share, but I spent more time rebaiting, dealing with perpetual snags, line twists, netting, and on and on...

Not complaining because it was so worth it to keep those boys on fish and entertained. Just a very cool experience and a great bonding thing!! Keep them warm, dry, and full. The rest falls into place.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Smurfy's just stirrin' the pot, those union guys must have lotsa free time.......    Say Delmar, yer Cub foods has corn for TEN CENTS AN EAR in their ad this week....
    • I buy from his buddy's truck.   What more does he want?   Sometimes I buy at walmart instead.  Life goes on, Brah  obla dee obla dah
    • WTF are you talking about?  You are already judging me so bring it on.  Tell me about your training.  Cite studies that show the deficiencies of treadmills.   Cite studies that show how Chiropractic cures diabetes and cancer...   Come on, you want to engage in a battle of wits?  Don't come half equipped.   Heat? How about I repost the bizarre chiropractic stuff?  Or have you disavowed it of late?    
    • I read about someone else fishing them like that, so gave it a try.  I use a smaller paddle tail sometimes or this last weekend I was using a SK Rodent. I've kinda switched to Dbombs and Pit bosses for t-rigs, so I figured I would use up some of those Rodents. They worked good on the Chatterbait for action, but tore up kinda fast.   This technique works best I think in dirtier water for me. I would definately have a t-rig ready too. Been catching a lot on them too!
    • You sure are into this huggin' and kissy stuff. Are you one of those touchy-feely "Oh I'm so happy" free spirit type guys?!        
    • Well, I didn't have any results anywhere close to that... we had a good time at the cabin we stayed at (got home Saturday), but fishing was very tough... if we end up going up there again next year I'll be in touch...
    • Do I need to answer to you? Absolutely not, especially when you are going to try to put together some physics logic behind why treadmills are good, completely neglecting to describe how muscles function with a protagonist and antagonist relationship.  Meaning when your quads are suppose to relax and your hamstrings are suppose to engage and vice versa.  When that doesn't happen over and over again due to the belt doing the hamstrings work, then you are developing an inefficient movement pattern (compensation) and you can expect pain, arthritis, injury, replacement, etc. (Familiar, I know the arthritis bit is) You are training yourself not to work like you were created to work.  Although for you Del, I completely understand if you think you are smarter then how we as a species got to be who we are today.  Or at least you can find something to copy and paste from somebody else whom feels the way you do, who also got dooped into buying a treadmill or pays a monthly fee to walk on a treadmill.  If you want to start judging me, I can judge you Del and this can be very fun for me but then all the snowflakes on here would melt because I brought some heat.  Your old timer buddies would come and save you, delete half my postings that expose you know absolutely nothing about this topic, you all can cry about how I am so mean and hate filled, and then not troll me for a few months until you are updated with one of my postings and then crawl right back into an argument where I make you look stupid all over.  Up to you buddy.   Dave, I got 32 seconds into that video, couldnt stand the guy and stopped it.
    • I'm no expert on this stuff but I'm guessing this is what Dr. Juice is alluding to in his own condescending way.....    
    • I am still waiting for something exciting on the Wild front...nothing yet that is for sure...just hoping the same old guys have some gas left in the tank at the end of the year and the "young kids" have finally graduated and can bring it to another level...it's all about the playoffs...getting in is easy...actually making any sort of run is the is where the rubber meets the road. Cullen making a "family" decision vs a "hockey" decision was lucky for Chuck that is for sure and Cullen is not going to bring us to another level...but will be an OK role player and 3rd or 4th liner..probably will fill the jersey of a young guy we have unfortunately..but it is what it is.
    • Which questions?  The one about your education?   Must have been a long time ago since I don't recall it.  I do remember you being a big big huge fan of Chiropractic.   Perhaps you could refresh my memory, it shouldn't take long to post your CV   And I guess you must have missed physics class as well, since in physics calculations of forces are the same no matter the frame of reference, yet you continue to suggest there is a difference between a frame referenced to a person's center of mass, and one referenced to the earth.   I did see this article from a newspaper.... The author must have at least as much qualification as you do http://healthyliving.azcentral.com/muscles-worked-out-using-treadmill-7727.html What Muscles Are Worked Out When Using a Treadmill? The treadmill is a versatile exercise machine that lets users walk, jog and run on flat or uphill surfaces. In addition to providing an effective cardiovascular workout, treadmills also help strengthen the muscles of the legs and butt. Depending on the incline, you can work the front or the rear of your legs more intensely; however, every treadmill workout strengthens both.   The Quadriceps People who walk and jog on the treadmill with regularity gain endurance and strength in the quadriceps muscles. The quadriceps are named for the four large muscles on the front of the thighs; they are the rectus femoris, vastus lateralis, vastus medialis and vastus intermedius. These muscles help the body jump and squat in addition to walking and running. As a result, treadmill exercise applies to more than just working out; it also improves the ease with which you go about activities of daily living. The Hamstrings Like the quadriceps, "hamstrings" is also a collective name for a muscle group. The hamstrings, comprising the biceps femoris, the semitendinosus and the semimembranosus, lie between the buttocks and the back of the knee on the rear thigh. The muscles of the hamstrings are used for power walking and running in addition to squatting and jumping, and -- in general -- the more you exercise on the treadmill, the greater your hamstrings' endurance gains will become. However, according to the University of Wisconsin, roughly a quarter of collegiate athletes who sprint injure their hamstrings. As a result, warm up on the treadmill slowly, and increase running speeds gradually. The Calves The calf muscles of the rear lower leg, comprising the gastrocnemius and the soleus, also work hard during treadmill exercise. According to a study from the Laboratory of Medical Physics in The Netherlands, most of the work performed by the calf muscles occurs as you push off from your toes while walking, running and jumping. You can increase the workload on your calves -- and your hamstrings -- by increasing the incline on the treadmill. The Glutes The glutes make up the muscles of the rear end and, like the leg muscles, help you walk, jump and run. "Fitness" magazine reports that people who set their treadmills to a steep incline increase the workload on their glutes significantly, which increases strength, improves endurance and burns fat and calories. Although the treadmill helps you gain leg strength, the machine is primarily known for its cardiovascular health benefits. As a result, if you exercise regularly on a treadmill you can expect health gains on the inside of your body as well as the outside.    
  • Our Sponsors