• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Canoe Value

Good question. How much more does the canoe weigh now than normal? That'll have something to do with it...I've seen fairly small patches and others that required a lot of additional kevlar and epoxy.

I would call around to some of the dealers in the state. The guy at Clear Waters Outfitting in Clearwater sells repaired Kevlar boats once in a while, so he might be a good place to start. The outfitters up the Gunflint and up in Ely might also give you some good info, as they've obviously dealt with lots of boats that have bent around rocks, had trees fall on them, etc.

Let us know what you find out!

The best advice I ever got when it came to used items is: "what's it worth to you?"

That's what you need to decide. What price point are you willing to give it up for and what price point is your brother willing to buy it for?

Don't ask here, we all have different ideas. What's worth $100 to you might only be worth $25 to the next guy.

Does that make sense???

A couple factors are in play.

1. How old is your canoe?

2. Whats the overall condition besides the damaged spot? Been stored inside? Any UV damage? Etc...

3. How extensive is the damage?

4. How well was the repair done?

5. How much do you like your brother?

A 17.5' wenonah that is 3-5 years old can be purchased used from many outfitters for around $1200-1300. Most of those will have normal wear and maybe a few with a small patch.

Considering yours sounds older and with maybe more damage I'd think you'd take a couple hundred off because of it. With the brother discount in play I'd probably guess $800 and a case of beer.

Of course this is just a guess since I don't know the exact age, condition, nature of damage. Depending on those factors it could be worth a lot more or a lot less.