• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

So the Pohlads also are tax cheats.

RumRiverRat

Apparently when penny pincher Carl transferred his ownership stake in the Twins to his kids he severely undervalued his stake at 24 million.

From Forbes,

Quote:
according to a previously unreported lawsuit filed by Pohlad’s estate in U.S. Tax Court last month, it valued his Twins stake as just $24 million for tax purposes. IRS auditors disagreed, pegging it at $293 million and slapping his estate with $121 million in extra taxes for the team, plus a $48 million (40%) penalty for gross valuation misstatement.” $24 million ... $293 million … those are rounding errors.

Maybe Mauer can forfeit some of his absurd salary to help the billionaires out.

The red flag might have been he'd paid 38 million for the team in 1984.

I can promise my family I won't leave them problems like this, Rest easy kids.

And, I don't blame "The Pohlads". Just Carl.

As our states top DFL and DNC fundraisers; the Pohlads are going to end up paying a much reduced penalty than what is currently being sought by the IRS. 2-3 years from now buried on page 13 of the strib will be a statement regarding a $3 million settlement between the government and the Pohlads.

That's how they get the money they have. Make a few here, beat the Gov out of a few there.

That's what makes them billionaires. You don't make a couple billion without knowing how to cut some corners. I owed the government about $1500 for some college loans, they found that in a heartbeat.

I'm for more tax breaks for these wealthy job providers.....I mean, we would have a shrinking middle class if it weren't for them....Oh, that's right , we do have a shrinking middle class!....Hmmm!