• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone have a Jiffy Legend Lightning?

Bushwacker

Question

8 answers to this question

But the question I was most interested in is whether the D-icer armor works. Water freezes to my Lazer pretty quickly, so how does the Jiffy do in that category? Is the D-icer a Teflon coating? Teflon doesn't work for squat. I shelled out the bucks for a Teflon coated Jiffy slush spoon and the dang thing ices up as fast as the cheapos.

I bought a Jiffy Legend last year after X-mas with the D-icer armor. It still ices up some, but not too bad, the only places that really cause problems are when you get a cone of ice on the sides of the chisel point, or ice buildup in the opening by the blade. This only happens when you set the auger in the snow/slush after drilling a hold on a cold (<10 deg.). The slush/snow sticks and freezes to the wet bottom of the auger. If you're careful and set it down on its side after drilling, it generally isn't a problem.

Yes, the teflon does still ice up, but knocking the ice off is much easier with it on the auger. I also have one of their dippers, and it iced up too. Banging it on the ice got rid of it, but also tended to bend the handle back. Of course, that's not a problem any more because now I've got a BIG DIPPER!

------------------
Best FISHES,
Matt

Can you put these new stealth blades on an older jiffy auger that did not origionaly come with them? I have a Jiffy legend that is about 4 years old and I would like to put these stealth blades on if I can.

Thanx, Dave

Anyone know the weight of the Jiffy 2hp? I can get a real good deal on the Strikemaster Mag 3000, but didn't think I needed the extra weight. I have heard that the Jiffy's are a little heavier so if the 2hp is as heavy as the 3hp strikemaster I can get the strikemaster about 50 bucks cheaper than the Jiffy 2hp.

My Jiffy ices up only when it is -5 deg. It does not seem to effect the drilling though. Just makes a mess when it warms up in the back of the Yukon on the drive home. It is not nearly as bad as my buddies Strikemaster, though.