• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hole configuration in two man flip shack

acarroline

I have an Eskimo quick flip two ice shack. It gets a little tight fishing with two people, but works for now. I am curios to see what others do for the hole configuration.

I like to fish two holes per guy, have room for the big buddy and minnow bucket. Currently I put the big buddy in the middle-front, minnow bucket in middle up against the sled. I drill a hole in the front right corner, with the other hole nearly directly below my feet. Follow same for other side for other person. With this setup it gets hard to jig the hole beneath my feet. Ideas?

I have the same shack. Put heater in corner behind your locator at a 45 degree angle,cut one hole for each to jig and one hole in the middle for a dead stick or bobber rod (3 holes)take turns pulling in the dead stick rod. If your catching fish faster than that I would like to hire you as a guide.

I have an otter wild one which I think is a tad smaller than your qf2.

I do jigging holes up close and kind of centered, and dead stick holes toward the outer corners with room in the corners for a flasher, the heater is in the middle, and minnow bucket is either off to one side or in the middle by the sled depending on how well I guesstimate spacing

I have an older Otter 2 man. I have fished 3 out of it (1 adult 2 kids or 2 adults and 1 kid). We drill one hole in front of each seat and adjust for distance then drill a third hole between the other two and a little farther out from the sled. If we are fishing more than one hole each, we set out tip-ups or wait til the little guy (my son) tires out and take turns dead sticking or bobber fishing the 3rd hole in the shack.

I have the same shack. Put heater in corner behind your locator at a 45 degree angle,cut one hole for each to jig and one hole in the middle for a dead stick or bobber rod (3 holes)take turns pulling in the dead stick rod. If your catching fish faster than that I would like to hire you as a guide.

This configuration works excellent.

The other option I've used if you want four holes is to drill a jigging hole for each guy, then instead of a dead stick in the middle, drill one hole each close to the sled and by the wall. Then attach a rattle wheel to the sled or pole. Works great if you dont mind hand bombing a couple of fish.

I usually fish in my house by myself, but if I have a second person I'll put two holes in front of me.

Using the diagram from above.

Code:
|--------- Door ---------|
|........................|
|Vex ---- Heater ---- Vex|
|..0..................0..|
|........................|
|..0..................0..|
|......... Bait .........|
|--------- Sled ---------|

I'll usually put the dead stick in the hole at my feet and actively fish the one with the vex so I'm not having to look straight down the whole time.

When I go alone I'll skip the two closest holes and just use the two farther out holes.

The diagrams above do make sense, thank you. that is basically how I do it. Holes do get pretty tight together in the QF2. If I don't replace my shack I like the idea of letting the other person fish two holes and me do a tip up outside. Only problem is the heater right in front of the door is not always fun to jump around:))

Heater...........Door...............

------------------------------------

-------O---------------------O------

------------------------------------

(vex)--------------------------(vex)

--O------------------------------O--

----------------Bait----------------

----------------Sled----------------

This is what I have found that works pretty well. I deadstick the holes towards the door and jig the other two. It is nice not having the heater in front of the door.

I went out with the neighbor last week in his 2-3 person flip over. I liked his configuration he set-up.

................Door.......................

..0...........Heater..................0..

..0...........Vexilar.................0..

.................Bait.........................

The transducer sits in the center hole so that both of us can see it. We did catch a northern and he did teach a good knot tying class. But after that, anything we caught we thought was larger than a crappie, we quickly reeled up the others to prevent another mess.

Good Luck!