• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Panfish Management Survey-Please let us know your thoughts

smallie_hawgin

OK folks,

We are currently doing a postcard survey within our management area and have received quite a few responses, however, we know there is a fairly strong online constituency as well. Please see below if interested.

Thanks.

Dear Interested Angler:

Over the past few decades many of our constituents have noted a decline in the overall size of panfish. In an attempt to improve sunfish size structure, we feel there are specialized fishing regulations we could implement on a few select lakes. Before proceeding with any of these more intensive management practices we would like to get an idea what our angling public thinks about them, and determine if anglers feel they are desired or needed.

Minnesota Dept. of Natural Resources, Little Falls Area Fisheries is conducting a random survey of anglers to assess angler attitudes about their panfishing experience and possible management actions aimed at improving sunfish populations.

Please contact Little Falls Area Fisheries Supervisor, Eric Altena with questions regarding this survey or other comments about our fisheries.

Phone: (320) 616-2450 Ext.225 or Email: [email protected]

Thank you for your participation in this project. We value your opinion.

Little Falls Panfish Survey 2013

I'm not in the little falls area but, I was wondering if there is something like this for my area south central Minnesota?

Dan,

Thanks for the interest, other managers in the state will be presented the information. We intend to use the information to help us make decisions in our particular area, but, I will certainly pass on the information gathered from the online group.

I think this is a great idea, there is no reason to have the limit on Blue Gills at 20 fish, and I think it would be a good idea to limit the bag limit to 5 blue gills over 8.5 niches, and rest of the 10 have to be 8 or under... This would help make the quality of fish excel in our lakes...

I think this is a great idea, there is no reason to have the limit on Blue Gills at 20 fish, and I think it would be a good idea to limit the bag limit to 5 blue gills over 8.5 niches, and rest of the 10 have to be 8 or under... This would help make the quality of fish excel in our lakes...

Totally agree - although I would say all sunnies 8.5-10 go back. Not all lakes but a few like this would be nice.

I d love to see lower limits down in the south metro too. If other species have protected sizes, like you see pike 24-26 or eyes 18-26 why can't gills be 8-10?

And while you said sunfish, I'd like to see something similar with crappies too