• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

wadena tornado

nonteepical

tonight 9:00 discovery channel. was called out weather spotting last june and seen the destruction of this tornado. witnessed 7 funnels and this tornado when it was an f1 northeast of lake miltona, it will be interesting to see the footage of how the storm blew up to an f4.

Pretty amazing footage they pulled off. Discovery channel did a real nice job on this one. I will definitely keep my eyes open for the future IMAX film that will be put out in the near future that was put together by one of the guys that was with the crew this past summer. I still cant get over the destruction this thing did. My hear still sinks for all those involved.

well i missed the show, i have been waiting months for it to air and i missed it, had a meeting that usually lasts 1.5 hours and it went for 3! when we were staged at the wadena school after it went through we heard rumors they got data or footage of something they never had before what was it? now i have to wait for the rerun.

Is this the same show where one of the guys died 2 weeks after filming one of the shows.

I was watching one of these storm chaser shows a few weeks ago and they let the copilot give the orders for his first tornado intercept. He nailed it and the tornado went right infront of them. Then in the end of the show they dedicate a piece to him stating that he died at his home from falling or something.

Wow that is one mean looking twister.

I remember driving up to Red Lake that day and kept looking at the radar on my phone to make sure we were driving around the storms. When we got to the camp ground, the folks parked next to us said they had to leave because their sons town was demolished by a tornado.

I just happened to stumble onto it last night while flipping channels. Wow! that was a great show. Amazing footage. That huge twister right there in front of them. Wow! Then to see the town ripped apart afterwards. Just heartwrenching to see. And then afterwards Mythbusters was on and they tested thier vehicles. Pretty cool that the TIV unit withstood 250 MPH winds while the dominator one simply slid without flipping.

I've DVR'd every show. The storm chaser that died was Matt, the reports he died from a botched suicide attempt.

It's amazing. On the show, when they nail getting inside a tornado, and he says it's the most amazing thing he's ever done, then within 2 weeks he's dead.

Apparently he suffered from depression.

I missed last nights show, I was sleeping. 35 hours of snowplowing will do that to a guy.

Only 6 more foreclosed properties to plow today then it sounds like start them all over again tomorrow. Complete opposite weather from the start of the thread.