• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I don't know who will hit this, except maybe Raider praising and encouraging hunting so he has the water to himself...haha lol. Anyway off to a slow start for this guy. Started Saturday south of Pattison with nit even seeing a deer. My friends all got action but passed on deer. Made her back to the mother ship (my house) for Sunday with the only action coming from a party that has a stand within just a few hundred yards from my own (never knew about them because this is my first hunting my neck of the woods; except archery, what they don't do). Anyway this stand this party has got took 2 bucks today which had they not been there that may have made it to my little piece of woods. O well, at least eeryones seems to be good sports. Good news today is I met my neighbor Randy who happens to be an FMer and seems cool as hell (I think he's Outdoor Ran). Talked about what we have to work with for hunting and seemed to start a good comradery and share of deer stands, land, and such.. Anyway blabbing on I am, anyone else have any luck today? Stopped at Laura's (Hirsh's)=many monster Bucks already been taken. Hopefully I'll get one too! Good luck!!!!

Slowest yearof deer hunting I have ever endured. I feel fortunate that I even harvested one. I did shoot a doe down in Cushing WI, but that is all that I seen. Except for last night, I had a lurking deer come from behind me after shooting hours, had a fun stand off that ended with her or him winding me and snorting as it went away. DANG... well I guess I will have to get out for the late doe season. Need the meat...

Down In Barnes it sucked also. The least amount of shots I have ever heard. We went 0-4 no deer seen during daylight. Plenty of night time movement. We also saw less hunters this year than ever before. I have been hunting the area since 1976. 2nd year in a row I have not seen a deer. I also noticed bowhunting pressure is less. They haven't been seeing much either last couple years and dont venture up here. Least amount of bowhunters I have seen in many years.

Mwal

Anyone doing theblack powder? I plan on harvesting a doe next weekend fro the heard control unit.(need the meat). Also dont forget to get your turkey and bear apps in. They are due on the 10th. I have a great spot for shooting bear, if anyone draws and is interested. Let me know....

So, thought is would bein up the Douglas Cty Hunting again... Anyone been archery hunting? I saw my good friend randy Koenen daughter shot a monster for the youth hunt last weekend. Very nice deer! I been putting my time up in the bow stand to only talk about a doe I killed last weekend of September on some public land by minnusing...got my city permit for soup town... Hope to get something there....

Odd weekend for gun opener. Temps in 50s. Not much deer movement in our area.

Hunted near Troy pit and county line roads. Had two unusual events. First, ran across a campsite with what appeared to be 40 hunters camping in the woods. Campsite was made up of modular portable cabins with 2x4 framing, generators, water heaters, etc. Very noisy, very intrusive. Also, probably very legal.

Also, on saturday morning, listened to a hunter rip off 24 rounds in sequence. I counted each shot.

tried every good public land spot and everytime I find a decent spot someone always ends up intruding. With that I get the same response from everyone. "Ive hunted here for years". As a good samaritan I leave I wont sit right next to people. some rude hunters in this area... if I ever come up on a spot where I know someone is already hunting, why bother them? ive given up on public land. I guess Ill have to stick with my 5 acre parcel.

Another slow rifle season for this guy. Did nt see very many deer. Others in my hunting party did get more action, I was just unlucky. Finally settled for a doe from public land a couple nights ago. And glad, because it ended up being the only opportunity to get some much needed meat in the freezer. Well I may get back to the archery stand for a couple outings, and maybe do the late season (1 more deer would be nice). It will be hard considering ice is near, and I'm looking or ward to a busy hard water season.

Anyone been hunting yet? I have had a later fishing season than recent years so my hunting will get started probably next week. Hoping the work I put in this summer will pay off... I am one unlucky guy when it comes to bagging big bucks. For as much time and effort I have put in over the years I have gotten nothing bigger than a 6 pointer. Hoping this is the year (just like every year)

Not to be rude or anything, but based on the number of hours you spend on the water every year, I suspect you might smell a little bit like fish? (which is probably good if you're hunting for bear, eh?)

I used to bag a decent buck every couple of years, but with the advent off all this baiting, they seem to have significantly changed their feeding patterns. My trail cams rarely show a decent buck during daylight hours anymore.