• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Zercom Question

Duck-o-holic

Question

I have a Zercom LCF-40 that I got for icefishing and I can no longer pick up my jig on the screen. Even on a fully charged battery and with the sensitivity set on high it does not show my lure. When I first bought it, it would even pick up a split shot on the line! I have tried moving the transducer in the hole, and adjusting the depth of the transducer to no avail. A friend said that he had the same problem and ended up taking his back to Scheels where they had it fixed. I'd like to see if anyone else has had this problem, or if anyone knows any tricks to try and fix it. Buying a Vexilar is sounding pretty tempting right now, but I don't want to give up on this one quite yet. Any tips or advise would be appreciated!

7 answers to this question

The same thing happened to mine, I sent it to zercom and they said it could not be repaired. They gave me a good deal on a new color point and sent back my old one, so I brought it to a local electronics shop and they said it was a voltage regulator on the board that was bad, I ended up selling the two transducers and the unit for $50. If it's just the voltage regulator you might be able to get it fixed locally.

Sometimes what has happened to my vexilar(not reading anything clearly or at all) is simple that there are air bubbles or ice collected on the bottom of your transducer. Taking a second to keep it clean will clear it up, unless you have a bad ducer. If you do a lot of moving around, it could just be the bottom of your ducer not sending a clear signal because of debris/bubbles etc.

Thanks to all who replied! Fisher Ed, I will try my friends transducer first to see if that is it. It's good to know what others have experienced, and what to expect from the company as far as what they are willing to do. Sounds like these problems aren't too rare. Even a few bad Vex ducers. Good stuff to know. Thanks again...

Duck-o-holic