• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Car mount for laptop

LwnmwnMan2

Question

Does anyone know where I can locally buy a car mount for a laptop (netbook) computer?

I just picked one up from Verizon for work and the portable office, but I'd like to be able to mount it securely in the truck.

I plow snow in the winter and don't really want it slamming around all over.

14 answers to this question

might do a search for it also, i did a search for the info you gave and found several ranging from 40 bucks to 150.

I've done the search and found many as well. I'd just like to find them local so I could look at it in person.

I really don't enjoy buying things without seeing what it is in person.

If it is a netbook you could just slap a piece of velcro on the back and stick it to the dash, those things are tiny

I know I could use velcro, but with snowplowing, sometimes you catch something solid under 6" of snow that you forgot was there and come to a pretty sudden stop.

I've been looking at the RAM mounts, wishing there was someone local to see one in person.

I suppose I could speed down the freeway and run a couple of red lights, get an upclose and first hand look inside a cop car.

I have a laptop mount in my work truck made by Gamber Johnson, you can look them up on the web and get a specific mount for just about any type of truck. I ordered mine on-line and picked up from a distributor in Maple Grove. I was able to install it myself with little effort (brackets match up to underseat frame on passenger seat).

I suppose I could speed down the freeway and run a couple of red lights, get an upclose and first hand look inside a cop car.

If you wanted to see how the police had their laptops setup in the car I would imagine the local police would be willing to show you if you went to the station and asked.