• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pokegama recap and pics

Wow, what a weekend! Wind, rain, fog, some sun, and coollllddd... Lots of teams brought in plenty of fish to make it an interesting tournament. Big fish too!

Congratulations goes to Team Clueless who brought in some very impressive bags of fish (as always) to take 1st place at this event and take the LETS Statewide Champions title for 2004!

A big thanks to Tom for allowing us to stay at his cabin, and also to Doug Greener for hosting teams and the Friday night fish fry.

Paul will probably post the weekend results here soon when he gets caught up with everyday life. smile.gif

This year was great, we added some trophies to the line that Ron B's father made for us. Thank your dad Ron, they are great!!

Here are some photos from the weekend.

The Champs:
47b4d611b3127cceb52c2c5c1ffe0000001610

2nd place overall:
47b4d611b3127cceb52c2c2c1f8e0000001610

3rd place overall:
47b4d611b3127cceb52c2c121fb00000001610

More to come...

------------------
www.fishingsavvy.com

[This message has been edited by ChuckN (edited 08-31-2004).]

Man I need to learn how to hold a fish so it looks as big as it is!! I guess I don't catch enough to know how smile.gif
It was a pleasure to meet all of you this summer, It was a blast!
As a "walleye" guy, I learned so much this summer from all of you. I actually like Bass fishing now! My future fishing trips will be forever better, because now I will feel more confident to go fish other species when the walleyes are slow.
It's amazing really, after 4 tournaments, my options for personal fishing have multiplied 10 fold. I no longer have to go to Walleye lakes. It opened a whole new world for me, and I thank you all for being part of it.
I look foward to seeing you all next year, as well as meeting some new teams hopefully!
Sincerly,
Kevin

Hey everyone I could have joined you up there if not for the METRO event in Anoka maybe next year I will make it out for one or two.

Heading up to the cabin this weekend and plan on getting out on Pokegama. Where did you find the sunnies, looking for a few for a fish fry. Looking also to CPR some bass, Pike & Walleye.

Any information would be great. This will be our first time on a boat on this great fishery of a lake.

------------------
------------------
GET-ER-DONE

We hope to coordinate a decent schedule for next summer for people to fish both Metro and Statewide next year.

As far as fish on Pokegama, straight out from the Tioga access there were a couple islands. This area produced a walleye or 2, northerns and bass. Try a jig and minnow or leech. wink.gif Some smallies were in this area too.

Weedlines produced sunfish for us, but many small ones. Just about all over the lake. We learned after the fact that sunfish were hanging deep, over 20', from that cold front. Look into Poole bay and Jay Gould Lake I guess. wink.gif

We didn't do so well over the weekend and this is the info I heard. LOL

Good luck.

Tom -
Probably looking at getting out on Saturday morning with my fiance my cousin and his wife, at least for a few hours before the girls get bored. Then teh boys get to play while the women go shopping (with no $$ wink.gif).

You have a # up there where you can be reached? My cell phone should work up there and my # is 612 - 325-5760.

Will check with my cousin and maybe we will have a spot for you in the boat after the gals leave! Will have GPS & lakemaster on the laptop with us so should be able to find you with out much trouble.

Talk with you all later.

------------------
------------------
GET-ER-DONE

I would like to thank our Statewide LETS sponsors for their generous contributions to our league in 2004.

Jeff Beckwith at Scenic Tackle donated a huge jig kit for the Big Fish prize at each event! 4 different teams won these kits! http://www.scenictackle.com

Dave Hoggard of Catch'n Tackle donated an assortment of plastic kits which included the Ring-N Grub, Ring-N Tube and Kick-N Craws. These went out to 1st place winners at each event. Three different teams won these kits.
http://www.catch-n.com

Bluewater Bait and Sports also provided a 15% discount on all bait and tackle in the store to LETS participants at the Cass and Mystery Lake events.
http://www.bluewater-bait.com

And also thanks to Alexandria Outfitters for their generous 15% discount on all bait and tackle, and special on bait, during our Le Homme Dieu event.

It was a great year and we're looking forward to 2005!

Thanks everyone!!
Chris and I had a great time this year and enjoyed fishing with you guys again this summer. We continue to learn a lot at each tournament and from all of you. That's the great thing about these events.

I also want to thank all the LETS sponsers for this year and also thanks to Chuck, Paul, and Dennis (our officers) for a great year. Special thanks goes out to Paul for those unforgetable Saturday night meals.

Thank you to all the hosts for this summer - Ron, Tom, and Doug. You help keep the costs down by letting all us crazies crash at your place.

And another special thanks goes out to Ron for those awesome plaques for the top finishers.

Chuck & Aaron, Tom & Dennis - congrats on your finishes! You kept us on our toes all summer!

I think everyone needs a big congrats for this summer - I was amazed at everyones bags this year - it was for sure the best year for fish that I have seen in LETS statewide.

Pokegama proved to be a challenge. As many of you know, after prefishing - I was pretty much stumped. We did a fair amount of traveling on Saturday to find our gills. We caught about half our limit suspended over 20 feet off the breaks - these were the largest gills, but they were few and far between. Then we hit a hump over toward where you go into Wendigo arm and got the rest of the gills very fast in 15 feet of water on 1/16 oz Scenic Pro Series jigs (red hook) and leeches. We then worked the reeds and found a few bass and 2 pike. We headed back toward the launch and worked the drops and picked the rest of our bass on live bait with Scenic Premium 1/8 oz jigs in blue/glow (leeches, minnows and whole crawlers)working the 16-17 foot weed line.
Sunday we stuck to the same plan, but managed our 3 pike along with 3 bass in the first half hour working the breaks with jerk baits (husky jerks, and smithwicks). Then on to the gills on the spot we ended with over by Wendigo. We found perch as a bonus behind the rock pile in 7 feet, but had to leave to find our last 3 bass. Again, those were caught on live bait worked along the 16-17 foot drops and also yielded a nice walleye in the last 10 minutes before weigh in.
Most of our fishing was done straight across from the launch along the island. We didn't catch a weighable fish in Jay Gould.

I can't wait to go back and fish this lake again on a "good" day! lol

See you all again next summer at an event or two!

------------------
Clueless - -

[This message has been edited by cluelessfisherman (edited 09-02-2004).]

Here are the final points and weight totals for the season.
Points Pounds
Team Clueless 55 - 203.5
Team CD/PP 53 - 210.9
Tom/Dennis 49 - 187.3
Ron/Steve 47 - 170
Grabs/Groloe 42 - 159.2
Dan/Ron/Doug/Dean 42 - 141.6
Paul/Kevin 34 - 120
Team Rohder 15 - 42.6
Matt/BDR 10 - 32.8
Brad/Charlie 9 - 32.1
Northland 8 - 30.1
Jeremy/Jeff 7 - 2.5
Chad 6 - 24.9

Thanks to all who participated this year.

[This message has been edited by ChuckN (edited 09-02-2004).]

I have enjoyed fishing in the statewide LETS for the past two summers, but will not be returning next summer. The time away from home for events and prefishing is getting harder to sell to my wife and kids. We also purchased a cabin on Oak Lake near Moose Lake which I closed on on the way to Grand Rapids last Friday. The cabin is a true fixer upper which will require some time and effort yet this fall and next summer as well. If any of you are in the Moose Lake area and would like to fish Oak let me know. Special thanks to Chuck, Dennis and Paul for organizing the events, bring maps to the mystery event, checking out lake access and especially to Paul for the wonderful meals he provided. The pizza on Sat. was good, but no match for your skills Paul!!! Thanks also to Ron, Doug and Clueless openingup your homes and cabins to us. I feel I am a better fisherman now than when I first joined LETS. I have a few more tools in my bag, especially when the bite gets tough.