• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Another Walmart Rant "FISHING"

PierBridge

Hey Pier - I think they moved your fishing equipment to my store! The store here is in the middle of reorganizing and the fishing/hunting/outdoors area appears to be quite a bit bigger with more items. Don't get me wrong it's no Gander Mountain, but at least they're going in the right direction.

they are currently doing the fall / Pike reset. I was rather happy when I saw my Sporting goods guys hanging row after row of new stuff.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone running a business is a profiteer. The name of the game is profit, if you don't have it and you don't seek it you are not going to be in business very long. THat goes for mom and pop shops just like it does for Wal-Mart or any of the other big box stores.

I find it funny, on this site you'll find guys ranting about big business and how heartless and corrupt it is and how its ruining America. And then the next day the same people will rant about the US being a free market economy where businesses should be allowed to operate as they see fit and without interference. Well, if you want businesses to be allowed to run as they see fit then what you get is Wal-Mart and the like. Anything they can do to raise profits they will do and are obligated to do for their share holders. Its the nature of the beast.

Feel free to support the little guys, I sure do when I can but don't expect it to change anything in the grand scheme of things. Wal-Mart and its practices are not going to go away, and I'm sure they barely feel the few pennies the mom and pop stores are taking away from their bottom line.

Originally Posted By: LMITOUT
Hey Pier - I think they moved your fishing equipment to my store! The store here is in the middle of reorganizing and the fishing/hunting/outdoors area appears to be quite a bit bigger with more items. Don't get me wrong it's no Gander Mountain, but at least they're going in the right direction.

they are currently doing the fall / Pike reset. I was rather happy when I saw my Sporting goods guys hanging row after row of new stuff.

Thanks guys I was just at the Eagan store and picked up a few things including a Clay Pidgeon thrower "bad shot right now" and they had a decent selection STUFF.

Congrats to you Shizzy for making it work and keeping your train "family" rolling!!!!