Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tom_w

Fall brookies

9 posts in this topic

Nice job Tom. They like that yellow with red dotted spinner. Southeast or North Shore? A couple look deep hooked. Any kept for eats? Brookies taste the best IMHO.

Would you willing tell me river you caught them? I'm looking for 1 about 12-14" to mount for my stamp collection. I had been collecting trout stamp prints. I have been thinking of mounting each of the trout species in MN. (brookie, brown, and a rainbow) but they all have to come for minnesota waters. Going to canada for those football brookies will not do it. I could do replica but I feel the real fish would be better. Plus I can still the meat.

There's a few designated trout lakes up in grand marais where you could catch brookies much bigger than 14 inches...and since lakes are put and take, you wouldn't hurt the population any...win win situation smile

Jigging Jim that is quite the task! Would you want cross strains too like a splake or tiger trout to enhance your collection?

So Haaad were we fishing the same stream last week? Catch that one early am or dusk? Nice colors.

Scudly, I'm pretty sure I know what stream you were on but I was on a different one last weekend. I was fishing the evening when I picked up the brookie pictured above. Hey I stumbled across your blog so I'll shoot you an email later.

Sorry, I have been AWOL w/o my laptop for a week.

None of them were deep hooked. PM's in the lip. They were caught in a very special place that I would share under the right circumstances. Probably pretty susceptible to pressure and harvest.

I let all of them go. I wouldn't consider keeping a brookie like them for eating. Maybe in Canada.