• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fall brookies

tom_w

Would you willing tell me river you caught them? I'm looking for 1 about 12-14" to mount for my stamp collection. I had been collecting trout stamp prints. I have been thinking of mounting each of the trout species in MN. (brookie, brown, and a rainbow) but they all have to come for minnesota waters. Going to canada for those football brookies will not do it. I could do replica but I feel the real fish would be better. Plus I can still the meat.

Scudly, I'm pretty sure I know what stream you were on but I was on a different one last weekend. I was fishing the evening when I picked up the brookie pictured above. Hey I stumbled across your blog so I'll shoot you an email later.

Sorry, I have been AWOL w/o my laptop for a week.

None of them were deep hooked. PM's in the lip. They were caught in a very special place that I would share under the right circumstances. Probably pretty susceptible to pressure and harvest.

I let all of them go. I wouldn't consider keeping a brookie like them for eating. Maybe in Canada.