• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Can anyone identify this lure?

Big Buck Buster

swimmin joe I believe, but correct me if I am wrong.

Is this found in any certain store? I looked on the Cabelas,Bass Pro sites, and couldn't find it. Is it an "as seen on TV" type bait?

What uses are there: Walleye,Northern,Muskie?

Thanks

(Edit)

I found them on G@@gle. That is it. Spendy little devils. The one I found is the "Sucker" color. Joe Bucher bait.

I know the pro shop in Nestor Falls carried alot of them for a while. Still has them around somewhere. Used them for muskies and pike. Depends on what size yours is. It may be at rollie and helens or any muskie specific shop. I believe thornes may carry a couple but rarely. Its made by joe bucher. Maybe google bucher baits, or just joe bucher and find his company HSOforum.

Looks like it might be pretty affective bait. This is the largest bait in my tackle box, as of right now. I think that it being the "sucker" color, it would work for pike,muskie,walleye.

Has anyone used them with any success?

This is the 8". I found they make a 10" one also.

Used to be called Swimmin Joe, now Swim'n Joe (Bucher changed companies)

Great action, slow and level sink (almost suspending).

Joe Bucher Tackle (Formerly Roberts Outdoors) bait in several sizes.

Great for muskie, pike (caught a 28" walleye on Minnetonka on Firetiger color), and bass.

Thanks for the info. I will let my 8yr old add it to his collection of lures, then I will take him out to see if he can hook onto a really nice fish. He is so excited and can't wait to go try it.

I found another large muskie lure at the same lake last night, while doing another night dive.

It sure is fun diving in the dark. It brings out everything on the bottom of the lake. Lures pop out as if they have neon signs on them. Get to get really close to some nice walleyes also. That was the best part: being merely inches away from a walleye gets the blood pumping. laugh

Aren't you nervous diving in the dark. I would think boats would have a hard time seeing your flag, or you as you surface.

Not at all. My dive flag has a strobe light attached, illuminating the entire flag, and float tube. The divers also have to have lights on them(usually glow sticks). We also have very powerful spotlights for underwater.

The lake that I got the lures from, motors are prohibited.