Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
micpic

Great Egret

7 posts in this topic

Wish I could have gotten closer, but the mud was getting the better of me. Beautiful bird is the Great Egret. The white just blows out and these were taken on a cloudy day!

Mike 3865370144_2e657f8f64_o.jpg

3864587717_20ee01d8fe_o.jpg

3864588977_5be0e5293e_o.jpg

Mike the shots are very nice but if you would pull them into Photoshop and fix the whites I think your shots would be great. I took your first one and worked with the whites and was able to get out the detail in the wings.You should be able to get a better picture using the original.

3865370144_2e657f8f64_o.jpg

Thanks all, Jim I'll try that. I'm still pretty weak in Photoshop but I learn a little more each week.

Mike

Don't be afraid to try stuff in Photoshop. The only thing to remember is to save it as a copy so you will always have the original to go back to some other day as your skills get better. I have been able to go back to shots I took years ago and fix my mistakes. Heck I am still making them and fixing them today grin

I am not sure what version you have but Scott Kelby has a book for just about everyone with easy to follow instructions on how to do almost everything.

The last image is serene and lovely, I enjoy the lush surroundings and the calm water.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• My only concern is the timing of all of this. We seem to be loading up for a run in the next year or two but the Warriors are still sitting there stacked beyond belief.  Can we add enough and develop our young guys enough to be a legit threat to the Warriors.  Lebron, Irving, and Love barely made the Warriors break a sweat in the finals.  I'd like to see them time their final acquisitions to correspond with the end of the Warriors run. 
    • Maybe line up all the non-compliant VW's and gas 'em all out with diesel fumes. 
    • Glad Lavine is gone! Added nothing but slam dunks to the team. I've been out of town for the past week, so I was very delighted to hear about this trade today.
    • Not unless they ban the toothpick crossbow here too. Takes those beetles out clean.   
    • That's called seasoning. Two years ago I took a trip to Germany and we spent a few days in the black forest where I got to see some authentic old world smoke houses dating back to the 1500's and the amount of buildup on the walls, hooks, poles etc is part of what gives their hams,bacon and sausage their flavor. They use juniper wood for smoking. Absolutely delicious.  But yeah, foil, Pam and other things can help. You can also use a power washer to clean them.
    •   "We have found they do not like limburger cheese, hot dogs, or Makers Mark bourbon.  I am thankful for that."   Thanks for making my nite.  
    • Also woodpeckers beat on stuff to mark their territory.   I am pretty sure that there aren't any bugs on my metal downspouts.
    • You will often discover that birds are picking very small insects from decks and other woodwork around your house;  they do the same with trees and any other structure that might hold the bugs. We see them often on our decks and they usually pick a little bit and then move on,  perhaps just checking to see if there is anything edible there. These rascals also love hummingbird or oriole nectar, sunflower seeds and of course suet in winter. We have discovered  many species that will head straight for the nectar for orioles or hummingbirds and also plunge their beaks eagerly into the grape jam bowls orioles love. Birds will eat a greater variety than you might think. We have found they do not like limburger cheese, hot dogs, or Makers Mark bourbon.  I am thankful for that.
    • And pretty soon there'll be little chinese restaurants springing up everywhere...there goes the neighborhood. 
  • Our Sponsors