• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

520c

gregg52

Question

11 answers to this question

I tried a new transducer on mine, it worked better but last week when I was fishing it started to read wrong depths again. I called them I was 3 months out of warrenty, after talking to the guy for about 20 mins and telling him I know they have a problem with them he warrentied mine. He said it could take up to 4 weeks to get it back though

Curious as to what you guys are seeing when it loses bottom? Mine was acting up this weekend too...would start reading 1.5-1.6 feet with mostly a yellow top half of the screen..mostly while at speeds above 25 mph...

ya thats what mine is doing jerkiin

but mine seems to do it when ever no ryhme and reason to it

how long are they warrentied ??/ mines bout yr and half old

it can be extremly frustrating when you on fish or trying to follow the breal line

My dad had the same problems with his. That unit did it's best to ruin a couple outings. About a week ago someone stole it off the boat so it is someone else's problem now.

That thing was junk. Hopefully the HD8 is much better!

I READ ALOT OF TALK ABOUT THE 520C NOT READING THE BOTTOM AT TIMES I DIDNT HAVE TROULBE WITH MINE TILL THIS PAST WEEK END

IS LOWRANCE DOING ANYTHING ABOUT THIS PROBLEM ??

From what I learned with mine is that for $250.00 plus shipping, they will rebuild it. Problem is, I would be worried that one might end up with the same issues.

I tried numerous trimes to upgrade mine with a simple no.

My solution is to purchase a new Humminbird.

I believe the warranty is for 1 year for the 520 series.

I also tried the soft and hard reset of the unit but that did not fix the depth issues with this unit. I also tried another transducer with nothing gained there at all. They seem to have some real issues with this model and from my contacts with Lowrance, they don't seem to be too concerned about it either.

Curious as to what you guys are seeing when it loses bottom? Mine was acting up this weekend too...would start reading 1.5-1.6 feet with mostly a yellow top half of the screen..mostly while at speeds above 25 mph...

Yep, thats it or was at least for me. I also have that issue at slow speeds and in shallow water less than 10ft, I don't even bother to look at it as it is whacked.

Hate to even comment and jinxs myself but I had the same issues with my 102c. I think the 520 is the same unit only a year newer, but it was the transducer on my unit and lowrance sent me a new one and so far it has solved the issues.

Good luck and I hope yours is as simple of a fix.

Mike

I have the 510C and it will cut out when the boat is standing still - once you start moving it starts to work again. A real pain in the but when you are trying to slow way down and work some structure. Mine is a year and a half old....