Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NELS-BELLS

Help please!

10 posts in this topic

I got home from work and I noticed my two year old lab wont eat. The kids said that she had been eating grass all day and puking up what little food she ate this morning. She tries to take a dump but only a little bloody runny diaharia like stuff comes out. She just lays around and her ears are down. She is peeing and she occasionaly will drink water.

I am planning to take her to the vet first thing in the morning or is this more serious? Should I be taking her to the Emergency clinic tonight?

Nels

I would go in tonight. Who knows what it could be but bloody stool is bad.

Right off the bat I'd guess a blockage of some sort, I'd get the dog looked at ASAP. Nothing to mess around with.

If you don't already have the info it looks like there is a 24 hr clinic at:

4180 Thielman Ln

St. Cloud,MN 56301

Phone: 320 258-3481

Good luck!

Go to the vet now if you haven't allready like the others said it's not a good sign with the bloody stool and I know my labs will eat just about anything so who knows what it could be.

Goood luck wish her the best and keep us posted.

Thanks for the replies. I did bring her in to the emergency clinic last night. I even brought in a runny stool sample. They checked her temp and heart rate. Tested the sample and $189. later, the Dr. told me that she should be fine and that its normal for dogs to have bloody diarrhea occasionally. He said to keep an eye on her and make sure she doesn't get dehydrated or puke anymore. They also said to feed her a rice and boiled hamburger meal for the next 3 days and if the symptoms continue to bring her back. He thinks she might of eatin something that didn't agree with her and because she had diarrhia that she most likely wasn't blocked.

She did wolf down the burger/rice dish this morning.

Thanks again for the replies,

Nels

Good for you! It could'a been a lot worse than a couple hundred bucks if your dog would have really been sick.

Who did you take her to (it's always good to know who's open that late)?

Good to hear he thinks nothing is wrong and hopefuly it cures it self the price sucks but I always error on the safe side,it's alot cheaper then we paid to have the vet come out at 1:00 am for a sick horse, I knew I should of ate him a long time ago. wink

Thats good news, glad it was just that, my dog flipped her stomach over 6 yrs ago, 1 emergency surgery later, 4 days in the dog hospital, and 2200 dollars later, she was back at it. Those things are just like kids, scarry when that stuff happens. My new choco lab eats everything, i'm gonna have to keep a close eye on her too.

Again, glad to hear the good news.