• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Business phone options

Wish-I-Were-Fishn

Question

5 answers to this question

You could try the voice over IPs like Vonage I believe. I guess I don't know exactly how they work but might be an idea.

If the company you are subleasing from has T1s, you may be able to get one of the lines if they have an extra. I know at the last place we were at we had T1s and adding a phone line was just a matter of plugging in some cables.

My copusin has been using Magic Jack and he says it is awesome. Just $29 or something for a year or two, and it is a USB device you use through your computer. I have heard good and bad about it, so not sure myself. I bet you could get a trial from them and see.

I tried Vonage a couple years ago, and I had plenty of bandwidth (Comcast Tier II, pretty good) and the right equipment, and my wife almost divorced me over how bad our phone service was. I cannot NOT recommend Vonage enough. Some people do have good luck with them though.

For $29 I would say Magic Jack is worth a try. I keep saying I am going to try it, but haven't yet. Can get at Best But or over internet direct.

Not sure if this is what you are getting at, but if you already have a business line you can dead head it at the phone company and have them forward the calls to your cell phone.

Depending on the phone company, they may release the phone number so that you can transfer it as your new cell #

Something a little different.

Thats something I did when we moved from SE metro to SW metro, it was the only way to keep my business # the same.