• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shiner2367 goes daylight catting

Scott M

Shiner2367 came out last evening to see if the cats would come out to play before the spawn, and he managed to find the hot rod.

Here's a little sampling:

fmnatechannel.jpg

Shiner finds the flats active, boating a fish in the first 5 minutes.

1046296.jpg

By the end of the excursion (he's an early riser so he finished before the sun set), he had 3 in the boat

1046297.jpg

Everyone in the boat soon had a fish, so to keep the mojo I demanded a picture with him.

1046298.jpg

He's a giver, so he contributed to the bait stash. Here's a beautiful mooneye. His next challenge is to get one on a fly.

fmkingofsheep.jpg

Finally tally, 6 flats, 1 mooneye, 3 channels, 3 sheephead. EC30_06 is the king of the sheephead for the night.

Thanks for taking us out Ed and thanks for coming down Nate!

Thanks Scott for finally getting me on the river to chase cats and Eddie, thanks for the expertise and for taking us out in your boat. It was quite a different experience as I spend most of my time chasing fish with the fly rod. Those flats sure put up a good fight, can't imagine what a 40 lber. feels like!!

Thanks again for taking me out and introducing me to catting, next time I'll make sure I don't have to work the next morning so I can get the full experience.

Congrats on your first flats! I don't think you missed much Gordie, I think the big girls are nesting , 6 small ones in the boat for me last night, and thats pretty much what I heard from everyone, except one mid 30's last night.