• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

permanent house anchors ?

habersplat

Ok guys i have a permenant house with out wheels and i am bringing to my cabin this year to stay in sauck center witch is two hours away and im a little worryed about leaven my house on the lake with nothing holding it there while im at home any ideas

Drive or post hole dig 1 or 2 post, 4x4 or 4 inch round line post, on each side of the house.

48 inches in ground 48 inches out of ground.

Or back house up to trees to minimize number of post.

The idea make harder or undesirable to take.

Use non treated wood cut off at ground leval when ready to take out on lake

i would reccomend drilling a hole then shooving a 2x4 in it, fill it with slush, hook it to the house witha chain..

This works well just remeber to take the chain and 2x4 with you at the end of the year.

From the fishing that I have done at Sauk Centre you should have little to no problem leaving it there.

Sifty

i would reccomend drilling a hole then shooving a 2x4 in it, fill it with slush, hook it to the house witha chain..

That will work fine until you have a thief show up with one of those new, state-of-the-art tools used in their criminal endeavors: a hand saw.

Yank the wheels, remove the tongue coupler, empty it out, leave the windows un-obstructed, and use the cheapest and easiest to repair lock system you can find. It only keeps the honest people out anyway.

Oh yeah, you can leave a bottle of cheap sipping whiskey tied to the outside of the shack to keep the dishonest ones happy, too. That may very well be the cheapest way to deter theft of all.

I think the thief problem is everywhere, I run a cable thru the slots in the wheels and take the tongue. Leave windows so they can see in and don't leave gear in house. If they are going to take it they will, just make it as hard as possible. Good idea to talk to all around you to watch out for each other. If you have it stored on land in summer, empty everything out of it. Talk to a local law enforcement and a neighbor to see if they will check during the week .

the 2x4 trick also works for getting your truck unstuck if you have come-a-long or a big wratchet strap.. if your super worried about theft freez your house in! hahahahahahahahh the only one taking it will be mother nature! i personaly like the cheap booz might have to try that this winter

Take a good rope and run it through eye screws, or over skids, on ends of house, drill a hole in each corner and put rope in, let ends of rope freeze in. Years ago we had shear winds that were more like a tornado and I did this and had no problem.