Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishandshroom

Beef Tenderloin Help

10 posts in this topic

I have a whole beef tenderloin I kinda want to keep it whole is this a bad idea or what. Any kind of recipe would help me lots. THANKS

Put a rub of some kind on it and cook on grill. Punch up beef tender loin on internet for many recipes.

Spread the word around the lake because someone might know or hear something. Also see if local paper will put a story in about thief's in the area. Seems to be alot going around state wide.

Alton Brown recipe and man it is gggggoooddd Eats

Salt crusted Tenderloin

5 cups all-purpose flour

3 cups kosher salt

3 tablespoons fresh ground black pepper

5 egg whites

1 1/2 cups water

1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs (parsley, thyme, and/or sage)

1 (6 to 7-pound) whole beef tenderloin, trimmed

1 tablespoon olive oil

Directions

Place the flour, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl. In another bowl, whisk the egg whites and water and add to the dry ingredients along with 2 tablespoons of the herbs. Combine with a potato masher until the mixture begins to come together. Then knead with your hands for 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a large zip-top bag, seal, and let stand at room temperature for 4 hours, or up to 24 hours.

Transfer dough to a floured surface and roll out to 3/16-inch thickness, approximately a 24 by 18-inch rectangle. Trim away extra dough, if necessary. Sprinkle the remaining herbs on the center section of the dough and gently press down.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

In order to achieve uniform cooking, fold over slender tail end of tenderloin and tie with kitchen twine. Set a large electric griddle at its highest setting; brush the tenderloin with the olive oil and sear on all sides until well browned, approximately 10 minutes. Rest the meat for at least 5 minutes or until it is cool to the touch so as not to melt the dough.

Place the tenderloin in the center of the dough. Fold top part of dough over, flipping back about 1-inch of dough onto itself. Repeat with the bottom half of the dough. Press together the 2 flaps of dough and seal. Make sure the dough is not too tight around the tenderloin. At the ends of the tenderloin, press together dough to form a seal and cut away any excess. Transfer to a sheet pan, place in the oven and roast to an internal temperature of 125 degrees F, approximately 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 30 minutes or up to 1 hour. The tenderloin will continue to cook 10 to 15 degrees more. Cut salt crust at 1 end and extract meat by pulling out of dough tube. Slice and serve immediately.

Great recipe croixflats, thanks for sharing!

You can also keep it simple by trimming it up, seperating the head and just grilling it whole to temp with your prefferred seasoning and cutting medallions out of it. With tenderloin the meat usually takes care of itself in terms of not needing to go too overboard on it.

I hope I'm not too late. You won't regret making a Philly cheese steak out of it with this SIMPLE RECIPE.

Items needed

1. Tenderloin

2. pablano peppers (2-3)

3. onion

4. provolone cheese (slices)

5. olive oil

6. sea salt

7. pepper (preferably course ground or pepper grinder)

8. garlic

9. parsley

10. butter

11. french bread or subs (2-3 depending on how big the tenderloin is)

12. tinfoil

13. Butcher string

first grill the peppers and onions.(Or saute) Slice the onions so they are thick enough for skewers and put 2 in each slice so you can rotate them on the grill. Oil the onions first and add salt and pepper. Grill the onions until desired and the peppers until the flesh can be removed. PUT TINFOIL UNDER SKEWERS WHEN GRILLING.

second prepare tenderloin by trimming off excess fat then slice in half MAKING SURE NOT TO CUT ALL THE WAY THROUGH. You need to fold it back together. Once in half salt using sea salt and pepper to your liking.

third prepare the peppers by skinning them and slicing them length wise.

fourth place provolone on one side of the tenderloin then add onions and peppers on top of that. Now fold tenderloin back together and tie with butcher string. Try to get all ingredients inside of the tie. Once tied brush with olive oil and add sea salt and pepper. Throw on the grill until around 160 degrees.

fifth chop parsley and mince garlic. Mix with butter and brush on your bread. Put on grill or place in broiler until brown. Same as you would do with garlic bread.

Once Philly is done let sit for 10 minutes. Cut off butcher string and slice finely with carving knife or electric knife. Place the Philly on serving tray and the bread on another so you can make your own. ENJOY

I cook them whole all the time and I usually do it at work were we will do 3 or 4 tied together. With good loin you don't need much seasoning like cheffry said. I use montreal steak seasoning and garlic-garlic.

beef001.jpg

beef002.jpg

tender-beef003.jpg

This was 3 tied together about 12 lbs I think. The trick to this is to tie them together so the whole thing is the roughly the same dia.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Looks like the rust belt should of went with a better rustproofing package.........     Donald Trump may have positioned himself as the champion of American workers but Republicans on the Hill are already embracing his “do as I say, not as I do” modus operandi. Under the backing of Paul Ryan, the GOP leadership stripped a provision from a water bill Monday that would have required American-made iron and steel products to be used in infrastructure projects in Flint and elsewhere funded by the Safe Drinking Water State Revolving Fund (DWSRF). Democratic Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown blasted Republicans, who removed the “Buy America” provision (which passed the Senate with strong bipartisan support) while the House and Senate were reconciling the bills. In other words, GOP leadership scrapped it behind closed doors. “By stripping meaningful Buy America rules from the water infrastructure bill, Washington leadership is choosing China and Russia over Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin,” said Brown. “This was the first major test of whether Washington establishment Republicans would live up to President-elect Trump’s promises to put American products and American workers first – they failed, and American iron and steel workers will pay the price.” Now, Brown is teaming up with Democratic Sens. Tammy Baldwin of Wisconsin and Bob Casey of Pennsylvania to insert the provision back in the bill. They want to reattach the provision to a nearly $12 billion Water Resource Development Act (WRDA), which authorizes dozens of infrastructure projects around the country and is on track to pass the House this week. “I’m not giving up on this fight,” Baldwin said in a telephone interview Tuesday. “Why would we pass a bill that only benefits Russian and Chinese steel corporations when we could be providing certainty to American manufacturers of steel and iron?” That sentiment was shared by some steel worker groups earlier this week: “From our end it’s a little baffling,” said Roy Houseman, a legislative representative for the United Steelworkers. “It’s been a program that’s been really successful, and it has bipartisan support. We’re just very confused by the Speaker, who’s not listening to the rest of his caucus.” In essence, “Buy America” sounds as nice to Republicans as it did to Trump, but in practice they would rather preserve the "Buy Chinese" option that Trump uses to build his skyscrapers.
    • If there are any twins fans left, I wonder if these new young bucks running the club have asked mauer if he would lift his no trade clause?  I think we know the answer.  I find it interesting to watch these winter meetings trades etc but we are never involved.  It seems like we are missing something as fans.
    • Sorry BD2 --I think the trout is the most dependent on everything Now the king of conservatism is a-----------------------carp   This could get interesting!
    • Sorry but the Walleye is the most Liberal fish in Minnesota. In most lakes it depends solely on the government and taxpayers of the state for it's very survival and proliferation. Lot's of other fish breeds are able to take care of themselves without help from the Government, those are the conservative fish. 
    • They make a variety of suits to suit your fishing style really. If you are a run and gun style fisherman, or if you're a guy that sits in the fish house all day they, and most brands nowadays have one that will suit your needs. I'm more hot blooded so when they first came out I ordered the Lite suit, a little less insulation but just as durable. It has been discontinued but it I think it was replaced with the Predator suit. 
    • Nah....walleyes would be hard-line Republicans;  conservative with little or no imagination, terrified of doing something new or different or pushing ahead with anything not tried before. Show me a 6-pound walleye and I'll show you Barry Goldwater with scales  or Ronald Reagan when he was not napping. PF is right, catching a walleye,  even a nice big fat one, is about as exciting as a naked tussle with Rosie O'Donnell or dragging a bag of seaweed into your boat. We used to catch some really big ones in MT and after a bit we learned that the big perch fought better and were way more tasty!  No kidding, those perch....12-15" were way better eating.  But then we were catching them from cold clear water. But if you are really new to fishing and don't possess a lot of skill by all means become a walleye fisherman-anybody can do it.
    • Well it's "Throw Down" time! For years I have kept a bag of sunflower seeds in the cup holder of my SUV to nibble on as I ride along. In the last few weeks since about the last weekend up north Deer hunting I would come in and think, man I really down some seeds, that was a pretty new bag? Then checking my oil one day noticed some empties under the hood!  Um, someone's having a party? Went to pick up my Deer at the butcher today and again found the new bag almost empty! Checked back seat floor and found a few sprinkles on the floor! That's it, don't mind the little guy along for a ride but don't touch my seeds! Thought about setting up the trail cam to plan some strategy, but just went with the blind two trap set front and back seat floor. Report when I get some results!
    • Read it again grasshopper, I never said any such thing.     Pence LOST jobs, Johnson gained jobs and the money didn't come out of revenue that was already being produced. Johnson's money came out of NEW tax revenue that would have never been earned if they didn't do the deal.   I don't know what that quote is you posted but I never said any of that.
    • Catching a walleye is about as exciting as reeling in a bath towel. Not sure how that justifies being an elitist. Bullheads put up a better fight.    I always considered walleyes to be the liberals of the fish world. 
    • When was the last time? 1835? That was the last time the national debt was paid off.     How would you know that? We've never taken a trillion dollars off the debt EVER.      
  • Our Sponsors