Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
groundraker

Fan speed control?

9 posts in this topic

I have a 2000 F-150 and the cabin fan speed control only works on high. The two lower speed have not worked for some time, but now the third speed has quit working. Any ideas on the problem and/or how to repair?

Probably need to replace the speed switch, same thing happened to every ford truck and van that I've worked out of, I think it's a fairly common problem. we've always gently pried the trim from around the radio and dash area there until it pops loose enough to replace the switch which is held in by a couple of screws.

I hope this helps, maybe try to google it.

Tom

I would say u probably need a blower motor resistor. Switch only tells resistor circuit to run through.

I did mine on my GMC Sierra. I'm not sure why on earth the GM engineers put the plug where they did, that was my biggest battle getting that thing unplugged. When I pulled the old one out, it was pretty apparent why it wasn't working anymore. Pretty easy job, thought it as $30-40 part.