• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Catfishing for Cancer

TMT

Hey guys.

I am hosting a catfish tournement this Friday night on the MN river. If you are interested let me know. All proceeds go to American Cancer Society.

Rules & Regulations

Date & Time: June 19th 7:00pm to June 20th 6:00am

Where: Minnesota River

Boundaries: Belle Plaine landing to 35W bridge (near Black Dog)

Entry Fee: $25.00

You are invited to join us for the 2nd annual “Catfishing for Cancer” event! There will be a $25.00 entry fee, 100% of the entry fee will be donated to the American Cancer Society, Shakopee Relay for Life. This event is catch and release. All fishing parties (min. 2 persons) must bring their own digital camera and tape measure for verification purposes. There will be a control item that will be handed out at the kick-off meeting. A picture of the fish with the control item, along with measurements of length and girth needs to be recorded and submitted to Tony Tieben by 6:30am. (Bring your digital camera/cord/memory card, and we will download it.) Also, all Entrants must have a valid fishing license and abide by the 2009 MN fishing regulations!

Prizes will be awarded for the 4 largest Catfish, and the largest Channel Catfish. There will also be a grip load of door prizes. Fishing will end at 6:00 a.m. and breakfast will be provided following the event at the Shakopee landing.

Thanks, and if you have any questions let me know.

Tony

952-454-6916

[email protected]

Also you can pre-register at Arnies Bar in Shakopee tonight from 6:30-8:30 pm where you will recieve a control item. A cell phone number will be required if you pre-register. A mass text will be sent out friday night about 6:30pm, at which time you will be given a number code to "activate" your control item that needs to be written on the control item.

This notice is 11th hour for some but I hope we get a few of you catters to join.

Its per person Dtro, yea it might be alittle steep but its all donation, and good cause. If you want to give more be my guest. Last years 1st annual raised $800. We have already topped that with our beer bust for the event. We have a number of prizes as well, most if not all should receive some prize.

And as far as going out solo that is fine as well as long as you get a decent photo with you and the fish/control item.

Man, I would go but my wife is working evening shift and I can't make it. Maybe if the kid hadn't come home sick from daycare today I could take him somewhere but I'm going to be busy as it is.

Good luck everyone.

I would really think about doing this but I am boatless until next week. I am a sucker when it comes to a good cause, catfishing and prizes.

Good luck to all that enter. smile

To be honest, I know that John and Brian both need a slumpbuster, and I didn’t want to catch it for them, so I secretly just tossed my line out and pretended to be fishing.

I was even nice enough to let them beat me at poker all night. You know I must be in a good mood when I do that, I take my poker seriously. smile

Even in doing that, Brian still had to find out he had a fish on only because we decided to move spots and he was forced to reel in.

I mean come on, fishing without bait AND letting you win at poker isn’t enough, now I have to reel it in for you?

[\end sarcasm]

Shack, there will be a base camp again this year, for those people that do not have a boat or just want to fish from shore with a larger group. It was a awesome time last year at base camp. Not as many fish as those who moved from spot to spot in a boat, but we still caught fish. If you are interested there will be a boat at Shakopee landing that will take people to and from base camp.

Thanks.