Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LaVoi

Navionics vs. Lakemaster

10 posts in this topic

I am looking to get a lake mapping chip. I primarily fish inland Minnesota lakes, mostly in Otter Tail County. What are the pro's and con's of each mapping card. Thanks for any info.

I have both and both will work well. I have noticed that the Navionics is considerably slower to respond to my cursor moving or map loading compared to the Lakemaster. I like both, but would purchase the 08 Premium HotMaps for the North Region

I have both also, and while I don't notice the slower reaction time on the Navionics, I actually prefer the look of the navionics vs the Lakemaster. Seems like too many depths (actual numbers next to the contour lines) shown, and unless you are zoomed way in they look like a clot on the screen, at least on my unit.

Try a search on this topic as well in the forums. There is a ton of information on Lakemaster vs Navionics on here scattered about.

I fish a lot in Otter Tail county and the newer lakemaster chips work great 2008 or newer.

Well, I decided to go with the new 2009 Navionics chip. Looking at the lake list for each chip, there were more enhanced lakes for Otter Tail county on the Navionics vs. Lakemaster. I have used Lakemaster in the past and was happy with it, but when I found out that the new Navionics chip has the MN portion of LOW on it, I was sold. My only complaint is that the Navionics chip does not have all the non-related lake info like the Lakemaster chip had such as road numbers, forested areas, swamp areas etc...

I use the navionics far more when I can. Lakemaster has more HD lakes available in MN which is nice. I picked up a Lakemaster chip first for that reason. Both have known inaccuracies, generally nothing to get too concerned about.

I prefer how the Navionics maps look. You can shade any depth you desire and turn the map background to black while using them in Humminbird units (nice at night.) Lowrance graphs allow you to shade a couple of safety depths, so not such a big plus on those.

i have a question for you guys... i have a hummingbird 595c. is that compatible for the lakemaster or navionics card? how do i know?

anyone have an old one they wanna sell that would have duluth area lakes on them?