• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Taxidermist recommendations?

slick814

roddie of waconia dose all my stuff and he isn;t that bad on the pocket book if you know what i mean

Ill second that one... he is a little higher priced and it may take a little longer because he gets so much work then most but deffinatly worth the extra couple dollers and the wait (usually around a year maybe a little longer). Id Highly recomend him.

I think his name is Paul Radde He has done three fish, one rack and is working on another for me. Id trust him with anything.

here is one he did for me... its sideways but you get the idea.

0530092304.jpg

I agree with Outfitter17. We also use Artistic Anglers out of Duluth and they do a excellent job. They do fish for Cabela's and have a great reputation. Just google them, you won't be disappointed. The turn around time is very fast also.

I would like to give better ratings for Artistic Anglers in Duluth, but...the mount mold of the 23.5" Largemouth was too small, so they had to make a new mold. No problem, but the finished product still turned out to be 2" short...maybe they didn't make the new mold? Also, turn-around time was just over a year which isn't out of the norm, but not what I consider "fast". That being said, the mount is fantastic in it's quality and artistry. IMHO, I would give the quality a 9.5, but with the stuff mentioned above, maybe an overall 7.5.

Hi swimmer,

Does your fish have a curve in it's body? The measurement of the original fish is always taken when the fish is straight. If there is a curve in the mounted fish or replica, and you measure along the side, then the front and back side will not be the same length. If you split the difference of the front side and back side you should come up with the original straight length. Maybe you did that already but it's just a thought as to your fish being a couple inches short.