• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mille Lacs Kathio?

chuckwagon

Stayed at one of the camper cabins last summer. I don't camp often and I am somewhat picky and I was impressed. Clean and quiet park and the shower/bathrooms are clean as well. Park ranger drives around often. Lots of deer in the park and they seem somewhat tame around campers.

We stayed there 6 or 7 years ago. I booked my wife's family reunion there because I had heard about the hot walleye bite on Mille Lacs that year. I was without a boat at the time and couldn't convince my father in law to go on the big lake, so we fished some of the smaller lakes instead.

Shakopee had a really nice largemouth and pike bite, but I don't think we caught any walleyes. Was a decent lake and it's right on Mille Lacs, so I would recommend.

I do remember hearing and then seeing a bear in the campground at night. Scared the [PoorWordUsage] out of us! I don't get too worked up over them during the day, but night time is something different.

Nice State Park! I've already stayed there once this year and we have reservations coming up again at the beginning of June. It is a pretty popular park since it's close to the Metro area. I would recommend making reservations if you can so that you can get the type of site that you want. We were there a coule of weeks ago and already had to deal with ticks which can be kind of scary with Lyme disease.

Petaga Campground is the campground that has the shower. It is also the campground that has the cabins and the electrical hookups if you have a camper of some sort that you would want to hook up electrical to.

Ogeghie campground is a really beautiful campground but doesn't have the showers. Just vault toilets.

If you have kids this park has a really nice Rainbow Play system in the park and it also has a pond type sand bottom swimming area.

Lots of choices of little lakes to fish around that area. If you are looking for more specific information for Mille Lacs I'd recommend the forum for Mille Lacs.

Ryan

thanks for the extra info guys ... I am headed out in a couple hours to go up there got site 66 walk in style .. and i have no boat so I hope we can find some good shore fishing around! The park will good for our 5 year old son coming with as well. Should be a good time!

yea i agree go fish the dam. I have caught alot of fish there. I live on millie but still make a point go fish the dam it has sunnies to walleyes and dont pass up the northerns they are great for the kids it will keep them bragging all summer.

One of the nicest campsites I've been on!

At night you can hear the zzzzzzzzzzzzz of mosquitos in the woods......millions of those things! It was a nice campsite....you are all by yourself for the most part.