• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

trouble with pricing.. any help please?

hiya, I am at work, and have a potential buyer for my old gear,, I posted in the "for sale" forum, but didn't get any hits, due to a too high price? not sure,, but I sure could use some advice on what to charge for this package.

-Canon Rebel XT

with a bunch of accessories,,

-battery grip

-2 batteries

-remote

-kit lens

-70-300 EF

-512 flash card

-2 books, 1 dvd specifically geared towards this particular camera

-camera bag

Sue

Panthrcat, I am the last person that should probably reply. I just got into the digital realm myself. I would look at some of the camera websites and see what the used cameras are going for. And I am sure you will have to go alil bit lower than what they are asking. I picked up a new 30d demo still with full warranty for just under 500. Im not sure if that was a good deal but it might help you with pricing, I hope.

good luck with sale

Sue, that whole kit could probably fetch you 550. I would first attempt to post it at 600, and see if there are any takers.

I bought an XT/Grip body only combo from Steve Foss back in September for 350 I think it was. The kit lens typically brings in 50-75 bucks and the 75-300 gets about 125 to 150.

You would be doing great to get 600 for the whole kit. I know it isn't the most desirable price, but the XT is ano considered somewhat ancient as an entry level DSLR, with the XTi, XS, XSi, and now T1i out there, lots of competition. Good luck with the sale.

thank you both very much for your help, your both helpful.. I think I'm gonna let it go for 550-600. I know it's an old relic of a thing, but the gal who is interested wants to get it for her daughter as a gift.

The XT may be a relic, but it's still a very capable camera. I don't use mine much, but it's never disappointed me for what I bought it for.

Very good point. I might have made it sound like it wasn't capable in my previous post. That was surely not the intention. My XT has worked well and continues to work well. I haven't used it much in the last few weeks but it still has a lens buttoned up most of the time as the second body.

I just noticed in your original post you say the 70-300. Do you have the 70-300 f4-f5.6 IS or do you have the 75-300 f4-f5.6? That will make a difference in value for sure. The IS lens is worth probably 150-200 more than the 75-300 non-IS.

Good luck with the sale, Sue. Tom is dead on about the price. The XT is an excellent body for its purpose. Being three or four years old doesn't make it a bad camera. Some of my best photographs were taken with that body.

Anyone who can afford to buy a newer body and avoid selling their current one should consider doing so. Putting a wide angle on the XT (great image quality but somewhat slower witted than newer cameras) and a telephoto on the newer body will enable any photographer greater and faster flexibility. Some fleeting photo opportunities are lost in the few seconds it takes to change lenses.

Some fleeting photo opportunities are lost in the few seconds it takes to change lenses.

we were in the boat a few days ago, and I was taking shots of fish we had caught, when an eagle come in close, and by the time I got my 1-4 onto my camera, the opportunity was gone........ frown I have a packsack for my gear, and really should be carrying both cameras with different lenses,, ah nuts, I don't know what to do! if I sell it, ok fine, but if I don't,, I am going to start using it I think.

thanks!!