• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hot bite

harvey lee

Hit a log that was obviously NOT a floater! We were going down stream with the wind and I couldn't see read the water very well with the waves. We were doing about 20-25 and WAM, motor jerked to the side and the RPM's went thru the roof. At first I thought it was the lower unit, but after i got the motor up we found out the prop had just been blown off. I was running a composite prop, and they are designed to break off if you hit something. I'm glad it worked or I would be getting a new lower unit. Thankfully I never run the river without a spare prop! It was weird not seeing a prop on after we hit. All that was left on the drive shaft was the keeper pin, the nut and washer and the hub!

I don't remember who makes them. I will find out this AM, as I want another one for running the river. Will post who makes them when I find out.

They are made by a company called Comprop. Just ordered another one laugh

Note from admin, please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you

I didn't get anymore top speed with it, in fact I lost 5-6mph but the hole shot and cornering were better.

That’s a bummer Tony. frown but could’ve been worse, like you say.

I’ve heard of people that like those comp props and others that hate them. From what I hear they are pretty fragile and they flex a lot under load. They are not super cheap either. Glad to hear it wasn’t worse.

I've been in a boat twice and hit things, thankfully at a lower clip. Not fun at all. It was a long ride back to Shak, but I would not let the captain open it up much past a crawl. glad to hear it was just the prop and it worked as intended.

Yea it sucked, but what do ya do?

It did seem to flex a little taking off and it cavitated more than normal. I only want one for the fact that it(hopefully) will break off before it does alot of damage.

On a positive note....Jake and I just got off the water and had 1 25 flat, 1 hook up that seemed to be a decent fish and 3 others good runs. All on live bait whistle