Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishinJohn

Lunch Fish

7 posts in this topic

With a new baby in the house my fishing time gone for the time being except for a few minutes during lunch occasionally. Today was really windy and I almost turned around as soon as I got there but I figured my backyard worms could either die swimming or sitting in my truck so I gave it a shot. This little thing made my day. Anyone got a better lunch hour fish?

luchhammerhandle.jpg

You have a really big hand....or a small fish

I hear you on the baby. We had our second last July. It was all lunch fishing and evenings after 9:00 for me. My wife was very accommodating with the evening fishing. It'd get to the point where I'd catch two little walleye from 9:00 to 10:00 pm and it felt great.

I don't have any photos, but I travel around my area quite a bit for home inspections for my job, I always have a rod with and on occasion stop and take a few casts here and there, it's a great perk of the job and catch a few now and then.

I'll never forget my best lunch hour fish. On my lunch break I had my rods in my car from the day before, decided I'd stop by a local lake here in Shoreview. First cast, unweighted pearl white Senko, I caught a 22 1/2" largemouth. Took her off, walked 20' down the shore, caught another one, 19 1/2". Took her off, walked 20' down the shore, caught another one, 17". Time was up and I had to get back to work. Needless to say I frequent that lake now as often as possible during lunch! Haven't got 3 fish in 3 casts since, but I usually get 1 every time I go.