• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

JR

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Harvey. I am a Jr. fan and have been very critical of he and his team this season. However, some of these posts are a little over the top. It's not like Jr. forgot how to drive a race car. Has he had his issues this season? Absolutely. The guy can drive a race car though. 2 Busch / Nationwide Series Championships, 22 Busch / Nationwide wins I believe, and 18 Cup wins. It's not like he is some hack out there. Are the cup wins less than expected to date though? Yes.

Is his enthusiasm / attitude where it needs to be right now? Probably not. I will say this in his defense...How excited and enthusiastic would you be about going to work to do your job, when everyone expects you to be one of the top guys in the business simply because your deceased father was the best at the same job you now have, but your assistant / crew chief does a very poor job of giving you the correct information, and thus you are unable to do your job well. Now, this goes on for 3 months or more, and you still have to show up for work knowing the expectations you have, and the expectations others have placed on you, but you know it will not go well as nothing has changed with your assistant. How excited would you be? I can't say I wouldn't be frustrated and less than excited about having to show up for work knowing that no matter what you did, it isn't going to be enough as your assistant is still going to fail to give you what you need to do your job the way it is suppose to be done.

As for Jr. and his interviews...At times it is tough to watch him being interviewed. He never really looks totally comfortable. Especially this year. I think a big part of it now is...1) He is typically brutally honest, and now I think it is tough for him not to be, especially when it comes to discussing how he and his team are running. He is a shoot from the hip, call it like you see it, kind of interviewer, and I think he is struggling with being "politically correct" in his statements.

well remember who was leading the bush team

i said before i believe if the ole man was still around jr would be doing better and of course would still be racing for dei and tony probably would be gone long ago the ole man woulda made the changes neccasary to win

i think mr h will to i wouldnt be surprised to read something this week !!! your right i'm sure he hasnt forgot how to drive

that crew chief..driver chemistry has to be there i think those 2 have chemistry but not racin chemistry

but in my opinion all the above average drivers win every where including road coarses out of those 18 i think half are super speedways geepers mikey w has won on those lol and i still think he might lack some in the ability to help the crew to make it better

there is an article on nascar that says hendrick wouldnt say that eury still has a job and that changes before dover could be made I hope so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eury is still with HMS. I believe they stated he is testing this week with JJ.

Jr had an ok race considering that he had Whitesell and 2 others studs from HMS in his pit box. I still believe it will takes months for this team to get considerably better.