• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

crankin in the spring?

You know when you're in the right zone when you start catching fish... wink It all depends on what you're fishing actually. If I'm trolling over deep water I just have to be confident I have my bait down the right depth. If I'm trolling over a large cabbage bed, I want to be tickling the cabbage as I pass through. A sand flat, I want to be just above bottom, so if I'm constantly digging, I'll reel up a bit, if I'm not digging at all, I'll let line back. You HAVE to play around a bit to find what the fish are wanting. Keeping accurate logs and making a trolling bible of your own findings is a great way to cut your time tinkering down....

River-Runner, SR5 is 6-8 feet, SR7 is 8-10' with 6-8 lb. mono, and I think they're charted at 100-150' back. I would guess that you're going to be in the 5-7' range w/ the 5, and 7-9' w/ the 7.

Many times things will depend alot on the lake your fishing. Some lakes grea in 8-12', while a lake just down the road you'll need to fish 16-20'. Evenings and at night you'll find alot of fish more in tho the shallows, some even suppend over weed beds. I run fireline for long lining, cranks back at least 100' sometimes more. All depends on water clarity. Also casting rock piles, or inlets, can also put fish in the boat.

Another helpful hint that I have found is that your lures tend to run a bit deeper when running with the current versus into it. I think you lose some of the line resistance that you normally have when trolling upstream.

Tunrevir~