• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Biting Problem

redhead77

I just got my new pup a week ago. She is 7 weeks old and seems to be biting a lot. i was wandering if anyone has or knows of a way too stop this . Any tips or advice would be great
thanks

My lab pup did the samething, got me good once on the arm, we were playing fetch and I think he was trying to get a better grip on his toy, still got the scar from that one. They do and he will grow out of it. On the flip side he's now 10 months old and he mouths a lot, more then I'd like, but at least it's not biting anymore.

RU

Just went thru the biting deal. Just keep saying no and give them something else to chew on. Another trick is too yip when they bite and they usually stop cause that's the sound that mom and litter mates make when they bite too hard. My pup is now 3 1/2 months and very rarely do I get nipped now.

Going through the same thing here too! Brady wants to chew on everything. But we just tell him no and give him something he can chew on. They understand when it hurts you if you say Ouch really loud of Yip like previously mentioned.

Just be persistant! I don't like when he tries to lick my face and that turns into chewing and nibbling on my ears. But once the teething process ends it should get much better. Brady is 9 weeks today so hopefully only a few more weeks of this.

As mentioned above, the biggest thing is to have something you want them to chew on available at all times. I used to look I was a rose bush worker after I would sit by my pup because of all the scratches on my hands. Now that she is 9 months I haven't thought about biting for about 3 months. Once she got her teeth in she stopped almost instantly. I remember thinking will this puppy stage ever end? Now I look back at pictures and think, I wish I had a puppy again. Never happy I guess.

That's right. That is what they do at that age. It feels good on there teeth so find something for the pup to chew on. Those hard rubber bones are good. I was always told to never give them anything they can tear apart, it creates bad habbits.