• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2006 Honda Rincon

hill7410

Sometimes when i start my fourwheeler and start to drive it will stop accelerating act like it is in neutral. Almost like the belt is slipping but i am not sure if there is even a belt on this machine. If i let it warm up a little while then it is fine. But last weekend it was in the upper 40's and i dont think i should have to let it warm up at all. Just wondering what you guys think the problem is.

Thanks.

I've heard of guys changing the motor oil and NOT putting enough back in. Once they try to accelerate or go up hill, the pickup for the oil isn't getting enough oil to drive the transmission.

The Rincons don't have a separate resevoir for the transmission. The tranny and the motor use the same oil..

I know this is a little late, but make sure you run the machine for about 5 minutes after an oil change before you check the oil. Like LEP said, a lot of people don't put enough back in because they don't run it before checking the oil level.

Also, you should always let your machine warm up. 40 degrees isn't very warm. Even if it's 90 out, let it run a minute or two just to get oil into the transmission, it will settle after sitting for a while so a little idleing even in warm temps is a good idea.

I would try what everyone here is saying. The Rincons take good bit of oil because of the tranny. I believe 6-7 quarts so I would definately make sure you have enough

The oil capacity on a Rincon is 3.1 quarts.

just changed the oil in mine this evening (as a Tom turkey ran through my yard at 8:30 mad )It took just over 3 quarts. That was after letting it run for atleast 5 minutes and topping it off again.

The Rincon tranny has always shared the oil with the motor if I'm not mistaken. There might have been a change to the tranny after the first year. I know they did make a change for improved engine braking and almost certain they moved the pickup line for improved flow to the tranny.