• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Auto Pilot Upgrade?

SM1

Is it possible to upgrade a regular Minn Kota PD (without AP) to a auto pilot unit?

I know I could just buy a different electric motor, but I will be putting the cash into a kicker before I get a different electric. Just curious if its possible.

If it is a V2, you will need a main board, a compass board, a coil cord, and some little actuator stuff in the cover decal to turn the AP on.

If it is a gripglide model, then you don't need the main control board (as they are the same AP vs PD).

Katoguy-

Hey, i am also interested in converting mine to a AP. I travel to sioux falls quite often and can easily stop by the minnkota shop with my troller this spring when I get it back from the storage. If this can be converted and you might know the cost etc...could you e-mail me please?

[email protected] (dont forget 2 f's and 2 n's)

Thanks!

Mark

In the frequently asked questions section on Minn kota's web site, it more or less says it is not cost effective. I think the parts needed would cost around $250. This is not including labor, but I could probably do the upgrade myself.

I think for around that price I could sell my 55 PD, take the proceeds + ~$250, and try and find a used AP with a little more thrust..??