• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mounting a Transducer on a MinnKota Powerdrive

1900_LE

Yes. The way I have mine is the wire from the trasnducer is taped down on the lower unit with electrical tape. I ran it along the shaft and taped it just under the motor head. THe wire is loose anong the shaft so I could stow and deploy the motor without it snagging. There is a bit of slack in the wire so it wiggles in the water but it doesn't hurt any thing. You do have to pay attention and not turn the motor around in circles. That will wrap the wire around the upper shaft. You do loose about an inch in shaft length but if you have the correct size to begin with you won't have any problems.

I do it with zip ties, one at the top of the shaft right below the head, and one at the bottom of the shaft. You can either go right on the shaft above the lower unit, or you can drill a small hole in the fin on the top of the lower unit and go through that with a zip tie. It works very well.

You can purchase a hose clamp style mount, that goes around the lower unit and holds the transducer in place. Drill a small hole in the fin that is on top of the lower unit. Use a plastic tie to secure the cord in the drilled hole. That will keep it out of the prop. Run the remainder of the cord threw the deployment handle and then through the curled cord of the power drive.

I can send you photo's of mine if you need more detail. It works great on the power drive motors.