• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

DONATING DEER

TomBow

I have been researching deer donation in Minnesota. Do any of you have info on processors that are directly linked to food shelfs or organizations that feed the hungry? What I am looking for is a processor that will contact the food shelf and get the deer picked up directly? I have a list of food shelfs.

Let me know if you've donated a deer and the details.
Thanks and Best of Luck!

It sounds like we are going down the same trail. I have heard of one sponsored by the local MDHA. I would contact your local chapter (or state if need be) for something in your area. If I hear more, I will re-post.

Any MDHA folks out there with information?

There is a lot of good info on this on the MN DNR HSOforum. I'd post the link, but don't want to run afoul of the forum policy. Just go to deer hunting on the DNR page and look at the links.

But I do have a question. Has anyone done this yet, and how did it work out for you?

Quote:

There is a lot of good info on this on the MN DNR
HSOforum
. I'd post the link, but don't want to run afoul of the forum policy. Just go to deer hunting on the DNR page and look at the links.

I'll do it smile.gif

DNR Venison Donation Page

Dept. of Agriculture approved processors

People can still donate money by going to any ELS agent and telling them you want to contribute to the venison donation program.

I haven't yet. My personal freezer isn't full yet but I may donate one during the muzzleloader season. However, the process is painless. You only have to bring it in to a registered processor and fill out one line on a form. The processor will already have the arrangement with a local food shelf for distribution.

We dropped off 2 on first weekend of firearm opener and it was easy as pie. Make sure you have your licence and have the deer registered, they take your name and you dump it off in the back. Took about 10 minutes all in all, pretty much about the same as dropping it off at the locker to get processed only you dont have to pay to play!