• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Boat Stereo Recommendations

Coach1310

Looking to install a stereo in my boat. Not looking to break the bank. Just looking to get some AM/FM signals. Recommendations? Antenna recommendations? Do I need one that is in its own housing with a cover?

Thanks for any help.

I picked this unit up at bella's for about $80. The ant. was an extra $8.Click here!

It came with two water proof speakers, the stereo and a remote. It also came with a water proof flip cover, but I bought the water tight pod in the bargain cave.

It works and sounds nice so far!

Good luck!

I am putting a stero in my boat also this spring, There is a nice spot to place the speakers in the back in front of the splash well next to tbe battery areas, Do you think this would be a good place for the speakers, (in the back facing forward?) I have a single consoul boat and was thinking that the person in front would always be telling me to turn itup making it loud for me sitting in the middle

I just picked up a Sony CDX-HS70MW from the online auction site. If you haven't bought a head unit yet, check it out. Only cost me $120, and it will not require a water cover. There's an IPX standard for water resistance. This one can withstand a direct stream from a hose. UV resistant also.

Haven't installed it yet, waiting for it to warm up. I'm planning on getting JBL-MS6200's for speakers. About $65 from the same auction site.

There's a RCA input on the back for aux/MP3 in. No direct Ipod control unless you add a controller. I think one of the models up from this one allows for direct hook up and control through the head unit.

I just picked up one of those Sony CDX-HS70MW's for a good price as well. I'm looking for a set of speakers that can handle some wattage without burning a hole in my wallet. Solbes, have you picked up those JL's yet? Anyone have any experience with a nice set of marine speakers?

Nope, I haven't bought the JBL's yet but they are still my top choice for the money. Wish they had them in grey or black, but it will do. From what I read from people, most were impressed and they seem to be pretty well water proofed.

Ran into a problem installing the Sony. I have to get the steering wheel off first to slide into the cutout. It's stuck on the tapered shaft pretty good. Got a good suggestion on this site though.

I just got a normal stereo from Circuit City a couple of years ago. Got the water tight cover for it and all has been good. Mine will play MP3 CD's which I love. I can load up a CD with about 12 hours of music and be set for an entire day.