• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Secret Word?

FishinChad

We should do something like they did in the Bass forum last year, a secret word big fish contest, monthly or weekly, doesnt really matter.

For those who dont know, it went like this...

The forum moderator would post a secret word at the beginning of the contest, if you get a big fish during the contest, your write on a pice of paper the secret word and take a pic of the fish on a ruler with the secret word displayed to prove it was caught during the contest.

It was a blast in the Bass forum and I think it would be fun to do something like that for panfish until opener! Usually the winner would receive a few little things just to make it fun, some jigs or lures or whatever anyone wanted to send the winner.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lasts however long we want to make it, I believe it was a weekly contest for a few weeks last year. Great way to participate in fun contest with other FMers without having to plan and meet at get togethers.

Basically just for fun and bragging rights, but I know I could find something to send the winner and I am sure others will to, I beleive thats how it went with the Bass contests.

Heres a link to one of the Secret Word contests we had last year in the Bass forum, first valid entry is on page 3 I believe as an example...

The secret word was "MEA YEAH!" because it was MEA weekend and that had to be displayed in the pic for it to count in the contest, quite a few people just posted pics of Bass with no Secret Word and those did not count towards the contest, only ones like the bass on page 3 of the thread with the secret word displayed would count.

Bass Secret Word Contest

Allright, we'll kick it off this weekend for any that want to try. If things go well, we may carry this forward into April. I'll post the word tonight, good for fishing all day Saturday and Sunday. Crappies and Sunfish only, winner displays the largest fish by total length. Please refer to Page 12 of the 2008 Fishing Regulations or page 13 of the 2009 Fishing Regulations to measure total length; you must pinch the tip of the tail down on a measuring tape or board to get total length.

We'd like two pictures, one of you holding the fish with the secret word and another of the fish on the measuring tape or board with the secret word. We may or may not be able to swing some jigs for this contest; for now it is a for fun contest.

Sound good? It sounds like we have a lot of interest and thanks to FishinChad for proposing the idea.

now how do we know they aren't using one of those measuring boards for red lake that were off by 1/2 inch or so...lol sounds fun and if I remember I will try to join in on the fun

now how do we know they aren't using one of those measuring boards for red lake that were off by 1/2 inch or so...lol sounds fun and if I remember I will try to join in on the fun

I think most of us are honest enough in this fun contest that we dont have to worry about that! Sounds like a blast I cant wait!

I blew it when I got home Friday night and didn't have any internet at the in-laws.

We'll try again next week, and for my goof I'll be sure to award a couple jigs for anybody's trouble this week.

My bad.

The Secret Word for March 13-March 15 is...Slabtastic!

Good luck this weekend. May the luck o' the Irish be with you. Winner should have a couple jigs coming his or her way. Please back up and read earlier posts for details and rules.