• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hey Guys

BanginCans

Hey everyone, I just found this site this winter and have been checking it out every once in awhile. I'm from ND and a spearing freak, but had major knee surgery right before christmas so I haven't been out yet this year with all the snow & everything. So it's great to get on here and see some pics and read some stories to ease the pain. We still have a couple weeks to spear here so I'm hoping I can get a couple wkends in before it closes up since I'm feeling a bit better. Check ya later

Welcome to the spearing forum being you are a spearing addict and for putting your first post here! Hope you do get out a few times before it closes out there. I know looking at the pictures & vids they sure get a person pumped.

Keep us posted on how you are doing.

That one was my biggest at 42" and a hair under 20lbs. I only spear Sakakawea, there isn't as many fish as a few years ago but there are some hogs out here. Most of the fish I see are at least 10 pounds but I think the most northerns I have ever saw in one day was only 3. I would like to try Devils Lake some time and try that place out. I was reading up on that MN spearing bill and its pretty interesting, if you ever have any questions about ND let me know and I'll try and help you out. In my area there is no spearing pressure at all and walleyes are king. People could care less about the northerns. I think the only pressure you'd get are people from eastern ND or people on vacation visiting family or what not.