• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ipod/Shuffle download question

Ranckenstuff

I am no expert on this by any means but here is my understanding as to why its not letting you do it.

when you plug in an i pod to a computer it connects with that computer and that one alone. Its called synking (not sure if thats the right spelling or not). your i pod is synked to your main (home) computer that all your play lists and music is stored on. If you try to plug it into another computer (your work computer) the new computer will tell you that the music on your i pod will need to be deleted becasue your i pod is synked to a different computer. I think its set up this way to prevent music piracy???

Anyway I think the best way for you to do it would be to down load the music you want while at work to your work computer and burn it to CD. Then when you get home you can down load your CD to your home computer and then onto your i pod. I know this doesn't help if your not going home and want the music on your i pod now but thats my best guess as to why its not letting you plug in your i pod and download music onto it with out first deleting what you already have on there.

The other thing is if you decide to nuke out your i pod at work and put music on it from your work computer, when you get home and plug your i pod into your home computer you will run into the same issue and all the music you downloaded from work will need to be nuked out before you can continue on your home computer. Hope your not more confused now than before I started typing!! I hope this helps????

Yep, you can't gather from more than one source on your ipod. What you need to do is indeed burn your work music onto a CD (make sure you have the settings on the computer so it is set to burning in MP3 mode. 175+ songs per disc compared to 19 in CD mode). Beware if some of the songs come up as unable to be burned in MP3. It means they were originally downloaded in a format other than MP3. You will need to delete them from the MP3 burn list and do them separately on the CD burning format. After you burn the MP3 disc from work, then load it onto your home computer's itunes library. DO NOT HAVE YOUR IPOD PLUGGED INTO YOUR COMPUTER DURING THIS STEP!! If you can, put your new songs into one play list and upload only that list onto your ipod so you are not reloading all your old songs. You can move them around later if you want. It is a pain in the gluteal region but it seems to be the best way to bring "Argh Matey" (don't say "pirated") music into your ipod.