• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

picksbigwagon

Brownie77

Fleet Farm. All the kit comes with are the plastic (heavy duty) legs and screws. I think it was about 35 bucks, but I can't remember. The rest of it is 2x4's and plywood. I think I used 3/4" plywood for the top. I wished I had doubled the 2x4 in the front of the table since that is where my press is drilled into. I will have to beef it up some day.......

I have found them online for 80 bucks but that comes with the shelf kits, which I didn't get so I think the basic set was more than my original 35, but still cost effective

"2x4 Basics" is the brand name. They call them heavy duty resin legs, I say plastic

Brownie, I was recently in need of building a reloading table as well and looked for that kit but couldn't find it at any store near me so I did a search for some simple plans and built one without the kit. I admit the kits are nice, but if you want to save some $, take a look at hammerzone dot com/index dot html then look at menu on left hand side click on workshop and you will see build a bench for about $20 right there. Including screws, I think I built mine for about $30 total. I tweaked the plans a little to my liking...doubled the plywood on top and ran 2x4's every 12" under the table top for extra support. I actually can't believe how sturdy it turned out...thought I might have to double up the legs, but there is absolutely no need to. It's a great bench! Let me know if you need more info...I'll check back here later.

let me chime in on a few other things a guy can do with thier re-loading bench. Decades ago when I 1st got into re-loading a book I read recommended that it be built sturdy. I used 4 X 4 for the legs and 2 x 6s for the framing, 3/4 inch plywod for the top. I used lag screws and deck screws to put it together. The book said to level it and secure the legs to floor, which I did and added a static free linoleum type material to cover the top. My shops were all aircraft electronics (AVIONICS) maintainance where they used that material on thier work benches. I still use a 5-10 RCBS scale. With the table level it makes it easy to "zero" the scale every time I use it. I have circles marked where to put each leg of the scale. Plus, the smooth surface makes it simple to wipe. Keeping a dryer sheet around to wipe the scale also helps in keeping static at bay.