• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Decoys hanging not level ?

Huey

I have a couple decoys that hang tail down or tail up when they're sitting still, probably a 15 deg angle up or down.

Does that matter?

Do you need your decoy perfectly level for fish to come in?

I haven't had any fish come into them, but I also don't use them much.

Well, for me when I make them, sometimes they sit just as your saying in the water, it drives me nuts, and I feel like fish see it as unnatural, this is my opinion, but to fix this, you need to move the eyelet forward or backwards. Or it may be that the tail is too buoyant and ya need to add a lil lead, sinker or some sort of weight, make sure not to over do it tho but first try moving the eyelets;

This is what I do with screw in eyelets.

If the tail is low, in the water n the head is high, move the eyelet back not more than a 1/4" try it, and see if its level, hopefully it is if not repeat the process, just make sure not to go to far back, cuz it can make it swim wierd.

this process is reversed with the head low and tail high so move the eyelet forward more

This is what I do and it works for me just fine! hope this helped g/l

Huey, easy fix

When you are running your live decoy, and on the last two raps of the line from the decoy to the live decoy, rap that line infront of the front fins and behind the head.

I have to do this once in a while when i have a very live decoy under it.