• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Non resident spearing Bill?

Dan L

After listening to this I can agree more (not fully yet) with some people's view point that it should only be allowed for previous Minnesota residents. I also add that if that is the case it should be allowed for their underaged children also.

Megh...

After much thought I say open it up to all out of staters.

If we really agree that out of state darkhouse sportsmen are not able or capable to respect our sport then we need to train them not ban them.

If we lower ourselves and subscribe to the “ban them don't train them” logic then we really are no better than the Minnesota sportsmen who wish to ban us.

It is a very low percent of Minnesotans who spear.

I think it is an even lower percent of out of staters who would come here to spear.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As of Feb. 26 the North Dakota Game and Fish Dept. registered 1,332 individuals for darkhouse spearing. I bet only a small percentage of those actually speared more than once. I'm sure there would be very few going to Minnesota to spear. Especially since there is sure great spearing opportunities in North Dakota.

No it’s still working its way thru. Kent Ecken’s aid called me yesterday and said it looks like it should pass. I had a hard time hearing him being I have a real bad head cold and my ears are all plugged up. It should be someplace on the state pages?

lift the ban woundnt bother me a bit. what does is the fees non residents pay for these license in minnesota there cheap compared to other states. not sure on fishing in some but hunting are alot higher and you cant hunt there state land you got to find or have private land.we need to up the price for non resident license fees and non resident should have to be hunting with a resident in order to hunt state land.

HOUSE/SENATE

SCHEDULE FOR WEEK OF: March 30, 2009

Monday, March 30, 2009

10:00 AM

Senate Committee on Environment and Natural Resources

Chair: Sen. Satveer S. Chaudhary

Room 107 Capitol

The meeting will continue at regular 12:30 time slot

Agenda:

S.F. 220

Saxhaug

Spear fishing for nonresidents from dark houses authorization.

S.F. 1433

Fobbe

Irene Long Act; free angling licenses for 90 year old residents.

S.F. 1528

Bakk

Youth fishing license fee exemption for netting ciscoes and whitefish.

S.F. 1156

Erickson Ropes

Deer season extension.

ND only allows spearing in a limited number of lakes.

I'm guessing the Game and Fish Dept. will limit the non-residents to even less lakes, maybe only Sakakawea and Devils Lake. I suggested to them to open up more lakes for everyone, but bet that won't happen. Just my opinion.